Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETED! My Green Elephant build

sflam123

On 1/14/2022 at 7:28 AM, Hmann68 said:

Very nice work, your efforts paid off! Love the engine detail too!

On 1/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, slusher said:

Looks fantastic!

On 1/30/2022 at 11:47 AM, V8tiger said:

This looks amazing to me. I'm doing the same model and was wondering hat size braided line did you use? This is the first time I've worked with this scale.. thank you

THANK YOU Hmann68, slusher, and V8tiger for your compliments and very kind words!!  I appreciate you all taking the time to comment!

On 1/30/2022 at 1:40 PM, John B. said:

I'm old enough to remember when The Green Elephant ran The Snake's Army Monza in the first round of the Winternationals on ABC Wide World of Sports back in 1975 and I remember how cool both cars looked.

Your car, sir, looks just as cool as the originals - very well done!

On 1/31/2022 at 4:35 PM, MeatMan said:

Nice build!

5 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

Despite the windshield and decal issues you have produced a most impressive scale model!  The engine detailing is a mind blower. Wow!  

THANK YOU John B, Meat Man and Andrew McD for taking the time to comment and your kind words.  I very much appreciate the comments!!

On 2/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, afxawb2 said:

I tried what you said but when the fb page comes up there is not a media or picture listed-have tried many times but cannot find right combination...thank you for the info,maybe will be able to figure it out....Larry

I may have figured out why you can't see the media content.  The FB group is a private group, and I think you have to be a member to see the media.  You can contact them and join (no cost) and then you can order.  Message them to get in the group.  I have attached a screen shot of their parts list and pricing.  It is kind of PITA to go through all the hoops to spend money.

I will say that their parts are OUTSTANDING!!  Highly detailed, sturdy, and perfectly molded to scale.

IMG_9222.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Bainford said:

Very cool funny car. Your efforts have paid off handsomely. Nice clean work. Despite the issues with the decals, they look great. Very well done.

THANK YOU Bainford for the kind words and compliment!!  I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, sflam123 said:

I may have figured out why you can't see the media content.  The FB group is a private group, and I think you have to be a member to see the media.  You can contact them and join (no cost) and then you can order.  Message them to get in the group.  I have attached a screen shot of their parts list and pricing.  It is kind of PITA to go through all the hoops to spend money.

I will say that their parts are OUTSTANDING!!  Highly detailed, sturdy, and perfectly molded to scale.

IMG_9222.jpeg

On 1/22/2022 at 10:09 AM, MeatMan said:

I like Cults, for parts. I did a print of my favs with what I get from them in parens.

I don't do bodies but I got a couple from 3D Printable Shop but had to do some work in Blender to fix some issues.

capture.jpg

On 2/3/2022 at 12:09 PM, sflam123 said:

IMG_9222.jpeg

What is included with their engine kits? I sent a message and asked some questions but was answered with this previously posted price page. Answers nothing about what scale(s) is available I would be interested in Wheel and engines 1/25 PS small block chevy 1/16 donovan and KB hemi, Can someone post me some pictures Not to be a smart asp but I guess maybe he doesn't want any of my money. I don't have enough of that but I have plenty of models to build that are waiting in the wings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 11:23 AM, plasticprime said:

Impressive build! Love the engine detail and the body paint/decals look great to me!

Thank you for the kind words!!  I apologize for my delayed response.  Computer and modem issues have kept me offline for over 3 weeks!

• Like 1