Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cab stripes

I've just been playing around with the "Winslow" stripes for my Pete 352 cabover. I've just been using old Microsoft Paint, not 3D, just the original Paint. The results are ok but they're a bit pixelated due to the nature of the program. 

Does anyone know of any "drawing" programs I could download on Windows 10 that would give a sharper image with better colour choices? I want to do basic stripes but anything with a curve or a slant ends up being stepped with Paint. 

IMG_20220512_201915328.jpg

I've been using vector based Corel  Draw program for the last 20 years.  Since it is vector-based, here is no pixalation at all.  Yes, there is a learning curve, but once you get used to is, you will never go back to using bitmap-based graphic editors for making your decals.

I use an older version, so it was rather inexpensive, but there is also similar freeware program called Inkscape.  I highly recommend it.

Corel suite of programs also  has a powerful bitmap editor called Photo-Paint, which I also use when I  deal with bitmaps. If you want to stay with bitmap editors, there is a powerful freeware program called Gimp.  Much more advanced than MS Paint.

Edited by peteski