Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building the old MPC/Hobby Heaven/Round 2 Ohio George Multi-Maverick

tim boyd

About 12-15 years ago, I did a step-by-step buildup of the old MPC Ohio George Montgomery Multi-Maverick along with captions and posted it at the old Hobby Heaven Message Board.   As far as I know, that series of posts is long-gone, but I do have pictures showing the build-up still accessible.  

In response to some questions about this kit posted in the Car Kit News/Reviews section of MCM Forum, I am posting a link here to my Fotki Album with 70 images for your perusal.  About 50 of the images show various stages of the construction, while the rest are photos of the completed model as a whole along with closeup shots of the various finished components under the skin, so to speak.   

As you will see, the model was built box stock other than my own color scheme and a decision not to apply the kit decals.  I remember the kit being exceptionally well detailed compared to most of MPC's other late 1960's/early 1970's drag racing kits, and it being a very fun build project. 

Posted below are about 15 of the images from the 70 total at the above-referenced build album link.  Unfortunately, the captions that went with the original photos are long gone, but most of you can figure out for yourself what is going on here.  Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to respond.  Thanks for looking!   TIM 

DSC 0783

DSC 0047

DSC 0174

DSC 0147

DSC 0233

DSC 0211

DSC 0078

DSC 0591

DSC 0625

DSC 0622

DSC 0699

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

Remember, about 50+ more images of the step by step buildup and completed models at the link above....TB 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I think I got Tom Carter's last Maverick kit from him at Toledo one year. It then sat for a number of years. I bought mine with a project in mind......but I plan WAY more projects than I can build!! 

I wanted to build a small scale version on the Monogram Mean Maverick. While the two kits are very different.....close enough for my project. I did substitute a Modelhaus resin hood, which kit almost perfect, for the kit hood with cold air box.  

I feel it's about time for R2 to restore and reissue the kit....plez! 

madmav1.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 year later...