Model Cars Magazine Forum

2022 NNL Motor City: 325 images with all builders identified

tim boyd

The NNL Motor City took place on Sunday, 13 November 2022, at the Macomb Community College in Warren, Michigan (a suburb just north of Detroit).

At the time these photographs were taken, there were over 450 entries in the NNL show, and enough vendors to fill the entire auditorium which is really, really large. NNL Entrants traveled from as far away as Wisconsin and central Ontario. The quality of work, and particularly paint finishes, continues to improve and impress each year. It's really quite a sight!

In the following photos and the link below, I have attempted to identify each builder with a photo of their name/entry slip immediately after their model is pictured. (Where there is no name, there was no entry slip with builder info.)

Here's one of the models that really impressed me - a 1960's Dodge D100 pickup gone full G-Machine by Vern Heizer... (many more photos of this one at the link).... 

DSC 0231

Congrats to Rick Radeke and his DAAM team for another great show, as well as to all the model builders who created these miniature masterpieces and then traveled to share them with the NNL Motor City attendees, and via the images at this link, with all of you.

Plan to attend next year's NNL Motor City in mid-November and find out for yourself what you've been missing.

Also, see separately my coverage of the Round 2 table with upcoming product news in the Industry News/Kit Reviews section of the forum - it's exciting stuff. TIM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Tim!

Thanks for the pix. Very inspiring. Can you elaborate about the "JOHAN" renaissance? Just curious...

CT 

Hi Claude....nothing more to report on the Jo-Han Powell pickup, other than he had a two large scale painted models and notes that the "real" version will be in 1/25th instead. 

I didn't talk to him but his display seemed notably better organized and presentable than I recall from his previous presences at the NNL Motor City.   Best....TIM

10 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Hi Claude....nothing more to report on the Jo-Han Powell pickup, other than he had a two large scale painted models and notes that the "real" version will be in 1/25th instead. 

I didn't talk to him but his display seemed notably better organized and presentable than I recall from his previous presences at the NNL Motor City.   Best....TIM

Thanks for the infos!

CT