Model Cars Magazine Forum

Digger Cuda

Hello here is a rail im working on i havent built a model in 15 years but after looking around on the net at a few different sites and them stumbling upon this site i had to run out and get one and see if i could still do it.

This is the Digger Cuda from AMT overall it seems to be a decent kit the fit and finish is fairly good but lacks some detail so i will try to add so in it bear with me it might take me a while to finish this as im still a little fresh.LOL

HPIM1642-vi.jpg

One of the first things i wanted to do was make a new front axle since the one that comes with the kit looks less the real so i started with some solid brass (dont remember the size right now) and bent up the main axle tube the i took some sheet brass and made the u brackets on the ends.

This is my first time doing this so bear with me if it looks amiture.

HPIM1646-vi.jpg

HPIM1653-vi.jpg

HPIM1654-vi.jpg

Here you can see how i made the spindle out of some small brass tubing .

HPIM1656-vi.jpg

HPIM1657-vi.jpg

HPIM1658-vi.jpg

Then i made the drag link to connect the spindles together.

HPIM1661-vi.jpg

Her it is while i was mocking it up.

HPIM1647-vi.jpg

HPIM1648-vi.jpg

Thanks.

Well i got some more done today i got the frame painted and the front axle done and painted also i got most of the engine detailing done still need to order some braided line and remake the blower scoop i dont care for the one that came in the kit so i will scratch build one its coming along nicely though.

HPIM1666-vi.jpg

HPIM1667-vi.jpg

HPIM1668-vi.jpg

HPIM1669-vi.jpg

HPIM1670-vi.jpg

HPIM1671-vi.jpg