Model Cars Magazine Forum

Now we're just splitting hairs. Wheels are circles that turn? B)

Well, it is what it is. They knew how to draw circles, but they never developed the wheel for use in a transportation device. They did have small toys of animals on wheels, so it looks like at least they understood the concept of the wheel, but for some reason they never applied the wheel to a full-scale transportation device.

Explanations here, if you're interested:

http://www.precolumbianwheel.com/

Hmmmm, are we talking about the past or the future now? This topic has certainly gone way off subject, but fun nevertheless.

I'd love to live to be 150 years old just to see how far we get without blowing ourselves up! B)

2012, Y2K, every century had it's predictions of end-times but we're still here!

I think what scares us most these day's is our technology and the constant fighting overseas. However, I'm more concerned about terrorists groups than WWIII.

My friends, why is humanity so interested in when all will end, if we don't even know for sure how all started? Is my personal belife that this type of obcesion is what is stoping the human race evolution to better things and a new perspective of seeing life and our place and responsability in the universe.

As for the 2012....well I think something WILL happen BUT more "ala...2010 the year we make contact".......yes my friend, we have been prepared for decades for the "big news" that we are not alone and that evidence of other life in the universe is a reality. The amount of controled information liberated by the governments have been a long experiment of asimilation and reaction to shocking news by the humanity as a one race and the meaning EACH of us give to this news.

Do you think that is a coincidence of the big news anauncement by NASA of water on the poles in the far side of the moon and the "posible" implications of this "new discovery" could be to human exploration of space, Or the plans to go back to the moon and make an permanet habitat there or in Mars is just for cience exploration?

When we can get past this "end of days" fasination by humanity.....and the mega box office money returns for such fears, we can really start living up to our great potential....my humble opinion of course!!

Edited by Plasticfanatic

We joined a church of god mob in 2005 and back then they said there was only 2 &1/2 yrs to go beofre jesus would return and rule the earth for a 1,000yrs here it is 2009 just on 4 yrs after that event was to happen and nothing, we have since been kicked out of that church for asking when it was going to really happen. We have now been told by people who R friends with us secretly that the big wig of the church has now puched jesus eeturn out by 10 yrs so 2012 has no meaning at all to anyone it's just another crazy date set by people who wants to stir up s#@* and hope that others will go mad praying and hoping IT doesn't happen what ever IT is.

Dingo :)

WHY is this still a topic??? It's just as unmodelcar as Dave and I talkin about God! If GOD himself can't be a relevant topic, WHY IS THIS??? I could care less if the worlds gonna end, I KNOW where I'll (and Dave will) be. Seems like the ones who are concerened about these kinda things are the only ones who care about a NON MODEL CAR topic like this. Wasn't it posted already that ONLY MODEL CAR related stuff would be allowed? This sure a heck ain't got ANYTHING to do with our model cars OR this Forum! If this stuff keeps up, maybe we who believe in God should start up again, after all fair IS fair!!! If it's gonna be a MODEL CAR forum, THEN LET'S KEEP IT AS ONE!!!!!!! and keep ALL non-Model Car related stuff OFF!!!

Won't say anything else, except maybe that all the folks that DON'T beleive in God SHOULD start concerning themselves

if they REALLY believe this kinda krap! :)

This has been very entertaining to read. I too don't believe any of this BS about 2012. I'm a realist and rely on numbers and facts that can be explained scientifically. Not a bunch of hear sayers who projected and impose there beliefs on the rest of us for personal gain.

If you want some real interesting views on life, religion and general beliefs google Bill Maher.

Either way I'll still be starting more builds then I finish, no matter what year it is..

This has been very entertaining to read. I too don't believe any of this BS about 2012. I'm a realist and rely on numbers and facts that can be explained scientifically. Not a bunch of hear sayers who projected and impose there beliefs on the rest of us for personal gain.

If you want some real interesting views on life, religion and general beliefs google Bill Maher.

Either way I'll still be starting more builds then I finish, no matter what year it is..

Heh-heh...so true about starting more builds than finishing..so many rarely get beyond gluing the engine block halves together for me. I'm a big Bill Maher fan, I like his show on HBO. I'm pretty cynical about humanity in general, skeptical about a lot of things...believe in science, maths, and technology.

R

WHY is this still a topic??? It's just as unmodelcar as Dave and I talkin about God! If GOD himself can't be a relevant topic, WHY IS THIS??? I could care less if the worlds gonna end, I KNOW where I'll (and Dave will) be. Seems like the ones who are concerened about these kinda things are the only ones who care about a NON MODEL CAR topic like this. Wasn't it posted already that ONLY MODEL CAR related stuff would be allowed? This sure a heck ain't got ANYTHING to do with our model cars OR this Forum! If this stuff keeps up, maybe we who believe in God should start up again, after all fair IS fair!!! If it's gonna be a MODEL CAR forum, THEN LET'S KEEP IT AS ONE!!!!!!! and keep ALL non-Model Car related stuff OFF!!!

Won't say anything else, except maybe that all the folks that DON'T beleive in God SHOULD start concerning themselves

if they REALLY believe this kinda krap! B)

George, you're 100% right.

We had complaints about "off topic" posts, so I put it to a vote and the majority of you (at least the majority of you who bothered to vote) voted NO to this sort of thing.

Majority rules, so goodbye to 2012.