Model Cars Magazine Forum

"So who says the world will end in 2012???"

THE BEATLES!

Just play their "Abby Road" album backward!

No?

OK, to find out what REALLY happens in 2012....

...ask me on New Year's Day, 2013.

IF I'm still alive. If not, it didn't go so well.

On a related note... what does all this have to do with the price of BS in China??? :blink::blink:

Well, in 2012, I will be 42, which is a magic number unto itself.

I'm cynical and skeptical; I don't put any weight or significance into prophecies or whatever about 2012...if it can't be proven through mathematics or science, I don't believe it...

Live for today--in the moment---plan for tomorrow, don't live in the past...

Edited by Rob Hall

Well, in 2012, I will be 42, which is a magic number unto itself.

I'm cynical and skeptical; I don't put any weight or significance into prophecies or whatever about 2012...if it can't be proven through mathematics or science, I don't believe it...

Live for today--in the moment---plan for tomorrow, don't live in the past...

And yet, your obviously a fan of Dr. Who of whom is beyond math and science. An alien creature with two hearts, who can self-regenerate, who time-travels, and who lives in a phone-booth looking box that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Okay, well..............................LOL!

No problem, I love Dr. Who as well, my favorites are with David Tennant.

But I do agree, live for today, as tomorrow may never come. And if tomorrow comes, repeat!

Edited by FujimiLover

And yet, your obviously a fan of Dr. Who of whom is beyond math and science. An alien creature with two hearts, who can self-regenerate, who time-travels, and who lives in a phone-booth looking box that is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Okay, well..............................LOL!

No problem, I love Dr. Who as well, my favorites are with David Tennant.

But I do agree, live for today, as tomorrow may never come. And if tomorrow comes, repeat!

Ya, I do enjoy some science fiction...I remember enjoying the Tom Baker Dr Who and the original Star Trek in reruns as a kid in the late '70s-early '80s. I really like the David Tennant series, as well as Torchwood.

B);)

Ah 2012, will be just another year and the world will still be here and as messed up as usuall.

A couple of things that could take place by than

1st--The Chicago Cubs might win a World Series :lol::lol:

2nd--The Detroit Lions might win a football game :o:o

:rolleyes: Jeff :rolleyes:

What year was it that Mcfly travled to in the future and picked up the Sports Almanac? I think the Chicago Cubs won a world series then didn't they? LOL!

And don't forget what's special about today folks! 09/09/09. This is the last date where we will have consecutive digits like this. We've had 01/01/01, 02/02/02/,

03/03/03, and so on up till today. Not sure if 10/10/10 counts, but that's what's been on the net all day yesterday about today's special date. We won't see that kind of date for centuries!

If you add up the numbers in 2012 you get 5 (2+0+1+2=5).

If you add up the letters in "Barack Obama" you get 11.

If you add up the letters in "Nancy Pelosi" you also get 11. :rolleyes:

Now add 5+11+11 and you get 27, which is the exact number of days left before a health care reform bill gets passed.

Oooooooooh, scary, huh kids?

B);):rolleyes:

Cornpatch Posted Today, 07:44 AM

Ah 2012, will be just another year and the world will still be here and as messed up as usuall.

A couple of things that could take place by than

1st--The Chicago Cubs might win a World Series

2nd--The Detroit Lions might win a football game

Jeff

If the world does end in 2012, the Cubs could win in 2013! :lol:

(I lived in Chicago area for 31 years so I can jab at the Cubs :P )

Rick

...Oh - And every model that I bought on e-bay for more than $75.00 will be reissued...

And I will have finished building at least one more model, while Bernard and Curt will have to add onto their respective houses to make room for the hundreds of models they each will have finished by then! :lol:

Later,

The Cubs taking home the World Series would spell the end of the world right then and there. Time and space implodes into one and other.

Frankly, 2012 seems like a non-to-far-off generic date. Maybe they'll bring back the Skylark and Al Gore still remains ignored. Bill Clinton is indicted for tipping a cow and the scandal forces Hillary Clinton to resign resulting in a tailspin of lost confidence in the party causing a crushing defeat for the Democrats. Obama co-authors a book with Jimmy Carter and go on a cross country tour together. The Republican economic reform backfires and sales of the anticipated redesigned Skylark plunge, forcing GM to drop the Buick badge.

:lol:

The Cubs taking home the World Series would spell the end of the world right then and there. Time and space implodes into one and other.

Frankly, 2012 seems like a non-to-far-off generic date. Maybe they'll bring back the Skylark and Al Gore still remains ignored. Bill Clinton is indicted for tipping a cow and the scandal forces Hillary Clinton to resign resulting in a tailspin of lost confidence in the party causing a crushing defeat for the Democrats. Obama co-authors a book with Jimmy Carter and go on a cross country tour together. The Republican economic reform backfires and sales of the anticipated redesigned Skylark plunge, forcing GM to drop the Buick badge.

:lol:

Yeah, 2012 is only a little over 2 years away. And Buick will have two new sedans and a compact crossover within the next 18-24 months from what I've read. The sedans are a so far unnamed compact based on Delta II platform (shared with the Chevy Cruze and new Opel Astra) and the midsize is the new SWB Epsilon II Opel Insignia-based Regal (already on sale in China). The new LWB Epsilon II LaCrosse just went on sale for MY 2010, and the aging Lucerne will likely be gone by 2011.

With Pontiac and Saturn gone, GM will be adding models to Buick and GMC to fill the middle gap between Chevy and Cadillac.

I just know that within the next 12 months I most likely will be far away from Arizona.

Rob

Edited by Rob Hall

They said the same exact BS about 2001, and we survived it. I believe in Gene Rodenberry's dream and I can see a lot of that happening. Not talking so much about the amazing Star-Trek technology, but about us as human's.

Care to share your insight on 2012?

I fully expect to see the sun come up, either in clear skies or behind clouds, on 12/22/12, regardless of what that barely sane Nostro-whatshisname, or some supposed Mayan astrologer may have predicted.

I had a lot of fun on 12/31/99 here, with all the talk about Y2K shutting everything down because puter systems had never been configured to account for such a massive change of date. I knew I had won, when I flipped on the TV, and discovered that it was 01/01/2000 in Sydney Australia, the lights were on, life was going on as usual, in the face of a myriad of dire predictions.

Don't be swayed by what Discovery/History Channel drivels on about--that's Hollywood trying to define reality!

Art

I remember the whole Y2k hype quite well...I was working from mid '97 to the end of '99 at a major telecom company and there were large groups all around working to correct problems with legacy systems that had 2 digit date fields. Ultimately, everything there worked smoothly after the 1st. I was working on new web applications then, so I didn't have to deal w/ the problems of the older systems. Can't believe it's been 10 years now..time flies.

Yeah, 2012 is only a little over 2 years away. And Buick will have two new sedans and a compact crossover within the next 18-24 months from what I've read. The sedans are a so far unnamed compact based on Delta II platform (shared with the Chevy Cruze and new Opel Astra) and the midsize is the new SWB Epsilon II Opel Insignia-based Regal (already on sale in China). The new LWB Epsilon II LaCrosse just went on sale for MY 2010, and the aging Lucerne will likely be gone by 2011.

I just know that within the next 12 months I most likely will be far away from Arizona.

Rob

My visions are coming true!!! :lol::D

Nothing major will happen in 2012 that we can't get through. I still plan on living to be 150, and I'm only 35!

I hope by 2012 I will have completed my Koenig model's! B)

Not sure it means anything or not, but has anybody noticed how time seems to be going faster and faster? I know everybody's perception of time varies, and it depends on how busy you are, but even still. It just seems like the day's, week's, month's, and years are going faster and faster. That alone gives me a little concern.

If anybody is familiar with British Sci-Fi comedy Red Dwarf, they have a great episode called Backwards. This is where two characters Rimmer and Kryten go through a time hole and enter another Earth. On this Earth, the theory is that the Big Bang has reached it's end and started reversing. This naturally caused everything on this strange Earth to go backwards. People walking backwards, cars driving backwards, bicyclists riding backwards, people stuffing their faces with food, "reverse eating", and what not. One of the best episodes I've seen. Their theory again was the reverse of the Big Bang called the Big Crunch where time goes back to the beginning.

Could happen? Again, won't happen in 2012, but only time will tell!

Sorry, just had to toss that in.

Edited by FujimiLover

Well all the Mayan/Nostradmus hub-bub doesn't concern me. But this does.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/29...aprediction.htm

According to this report from NASA, sometime in 2012/2013 we can expect the apex of the "solar cycle" which is how the suns activity is measured (ie. sunspots/flares etc.). This has the possibility of causing solar storms that could effect life here on earth. The last big storm recorded was in the mid-1800's which knocked out out telegraph systems. Imagine what might happen with our modern electrical world?

Not being a doom-sayer here, far from it. But if NASA is concerned, I am too.