Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Payhauler CXT

After a year of dormancy, three days of blurred activity netted me this...

IMG_28851-vi.jpg

I started with the AMT/Ertl Paystar 5000 dump truck, and made it into a crew cab by grafting on a cab from a second kit. I used the bed from an F-350 (yes, the same F-350 which coughed up its chassis for my '26 Mack).

IMG_28861-vi.jpg

I made up a pair of smokestacks from polished K&S aluminum tubing, and scrtachbuilt a tonneau and rear bumper. I also foil-copied an International nameplate for the tailgate.

IMG_28871-vi.jpg

The cab and bed are both hinged, and I used a bunch of chrome doodads under the hood from a Transtar kit. Eventually, I'm going to add batteries, air tanks, and fuel filler caps underneath the tilt bed, so it's not 100% done, but hey... are they ever?

NOTE:For behind-the-scenes bonus footage of this build click-

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/big-rigs...national-payst/

Edited by Chuck Most

After a year of dormancy, three days of blurred activity netted me this...

I started with the AMT/Ertl Paystar 5000 dump truck, and made it into a crew cab by grafting on a cab from a second kit. I used the bed from an F-350 (yes, the same F-350 which coughed up its chassis for my '26 Mack).

I made up a pair of smokestacks from polished K&S aluminum tubing, and scrtachbuilt a tonneau and rear bumper. I also foil-copied an International nameplate for the tailgate.

The cab and bed are both hinged, and I used a bunch of chrome doodads under the hood from a Transtar kit. Eventually, I'm going to add batteries, air tanks, and fuel filler caps underneath the tilt bed, so it's not 100% done, but hey... are they ever?

NOTE:For behind-the-scenes bonus footage of this build click-

I like it Chuck.

Chuck, this BAD BOY is just TOOOO COOOL!!!! I LIKES IT!!! Only thing though, HOW MUCH gas does this thing take? 500 Gallons???? GREAT BUILD, GREAT IDEA!!!! You got that nutty kinda flair that just makes sense to me! i even like the little doodle bug you got in your sig!!! GREAT lookin rig!!!!

Chuck, this BAD BOY is just TOOOO COOOL!!!! I LIKES IT!!! Only thing though, HOW MUCH gas does this thing take? 500 Gallons???? GREAT BUILD, GREAT IDEA!!!! You got that nutty kinda flair that just makes sense to me! i even like the little doodle bug you got in your sig!!! GREAT lookin rig!!!!

No gas, just diesel.

Wicked. Absolutely wicked. Not the kind of thing I'd want to see in the mirror when I'm driving my Sprite :) .

1:1, you'd have to hose Sprites out of the grille at least two or three times a week! :lol: Maybe I need to make up a few accessories for it now, like a 'Prius Scraper'. :lol:

And George, yeah- she's a diesel, but to answer your question- with those 'broadside of a barn' aerodynamics and an almost 800-cube V8 turbodiesel... I really wouldn't want to know how much fuel she uses! :D

Edited by Chuck Most