Model Cars Magazine Forum

Emergency vehicle build

Murphy's Law

I've been seeing more emergency vehicles on here as of late. Thought it might be a good time to start a build thread.

Very basic rules:

1: It can be any type of emergency vehicle (Police, Fire, Rescue, Ambulance) from any department - real or imagined

2: Any year will be acceptable

3: We need to see some in progress pics

4: Let's keep it to buildable kits (no prebuilt die-cast that have been detailed out - although I have seen some really neat jobs done...)

5: Let's give it a 6 month window - say June 1 for completion

6: Lastly, keep the comments productive. If you see a modern vehicle with ancient equipment, keep in mind that is what the builder wants.

Let's see what you guys have got!!!

Murph

I've been seeing more emergency vehicles on here as of late. Thought it might be a good time to start a build thread.

Very basic rules:

1: It can be any type of emergency vehicle (Police, Fire, Rescue, Ambulance) from any department - real or imagined

2: Any year will be acceptable

3: We need to see some in progress pics

4: Let's keep it to buildable kits (no prebuilt die-cast that have been detailed out - although I have seen some really neat jobs done...)

5: Let's give it a 6 month window - say June 1 for completion

6: Lastly, keep the comments productive. If you see a modern vehicle with ancient equipment, keep in mind that is what the builder wants.

Let's see what you guys have got!!!

Murph

Chris can I drop a Old School Wrecker in here.

I have a Tn State Trooper car that I just recently started that I could add to this build. Also have a Detective car from a TV show that is half way finished and a scratch built emergency truck that is half way started too. LOL, sounds like I am getting good at half way building models lately ... lol.

Very interesting project!! I didn`t know that there is an model made of an new Crown Victoria. Cool! Cool! :):D

It was put out in 1999. I scored it off evilBay for a pitance. Only problem was no decals. The Jetstream lightbar was used on my 240-Robert build as it is closer to the AeroDynic size. The Edge was used on a replica of my Indialantic, Florida 1:1.

I'm swiping the strobe bar out of the new Dodge Charger police kit for this one.

It has really turned out to be a good kit. We'll see if I have the same attitude when I start assembly! :)

Nice builds guys!

Here is what I'm starting on:

Louisiana_State_Trooper_cruiser.jpg

In blizzard conditions here in Omaha, so I should have some time to get it worked on.

HA HA HA HA! First thing I thought of when I saw that picture, J.W. Pepper from James Bond "Live and Let Die". I think "J.W.-ah" was also in "The Man With The Golden Gun". Anytime I see that part with him in it, I just bust out laughing.

HA HA HA HA! First thing I thought of when I saw that picture, J.W. Pepper from James Bond "Live and Let Die". I think "J.W.-ah" was also in "The Man With The Golden Gun". Anytime I see that part with him in it, I just bust out laughing.

Let me test my memory....that was the not-too-bright, slightly crooked Louisiana sheriff that Bond had to deal with, yes?

Charlie Larkin

Let me test my memory....that was the not-too-bright, slightly crooked Louisiana sheriff that Bond had to deal with, yes?

Charlie Larkin

You got him! I love it when he catches up with Rodger Moore, he walks up to him and says "What are you, some kind of doomsday machine?"

They used a TON of '73 Impalas and Caprices (a few '72s in the backround) in the movie, along with some pimp Cadillacs, and Glasstron boats.

A great diorama could be made if you had a few '72s and '73s Impalas, also the '70 Ford Galaxie. Few parked by a bridge trying to stop James Bond and "Kanaga's" bad guy in the boat.

Sorry to highjack your thread ML.

You got him! I love it when he catches up with Rodger Moore, he walks up to him and says "What are you, some kind of doomsday machine?"

They used a TON of '73 Impalas and Caprices (a few '72s in the backround) in the movie, along with some pimp Cadillacs, and Glasstron boats.

A great diorama could be made if you had a few '72s and '73s Impalas, also the '70 Ford Galaxie. Few parked by a bridge trying to stop James Bond and "Kanaga's" bad guy in the boat.

Sorry to highjack your thread ML.

Cool.

This wasn't a hijack...it's a great idea for a build that fits right in with the theme!

Charlie Larkin

JW was in the Man With The Golden Gun - Rode along with Bond in the Hornet roll!

I've got a number of ideas for Emergency vehicles, and would love to have a new plastic Ford Police Interceptor kit! I'm wanting a couple of Police Chargers too.

Here's one I've built, a Phantom Concorde High Speed Pursuit Vehicle:

PoliceConcord01.jpg

PoliceConcord02.jpg

PoliceConcord03.jpg

I've got to also get a few pictures of an RCMP Camaro I did a couple of years ago, based on one that a friend photographed in British Columbia.

Thank You!

The olive/black '49 is the Maryland State Police. They had these colors for years, then went to tan. In '96? they went back to olive/black.

The '00-'05 Impala's had a 3.8 V6. The '06 in that shot had the Pontiac inspired 3.9 V6. Chevrolet always promised they would shoehorn a V8 into that car. In a way I'm glad they never did. That '00-'05 was an evil handling car. I didn't drive that '06 much. That photo was taken on the day of my last roll call before retirement. It was only about four weeks old then.

G

Edited by AgentG