Model Cars Magazine Forum

Red Green's Possum Van

Nice One! Red Green used the studios here in Hamilton for a while years ago then when the show got popular they moved it to Toronto. He lives in a place called Flambourgh which is about 20 minutes from Hamilton and if no one knows where that is it's 45 minutes west of Toronto.

Cheers :wacko:

Nice One! Red Green used the studios here in Hamilton for a while years ago then when the show got popular they moved it to Toronto. He lives in a place called Flambourgh which is about 20 minutes from Hamilton and if no one knows where that is it's 45 minutes west of Toronto.

Cheers :lol:

Good old CHCH coming at ya from The Hammer. The show was at its best when it was produced by CHCH. The CBC kind of butchered it a bit by making it too slick, but at least it was still Red, Harold and the rest of the Possum Lodge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Absolutely fantastic model! It's great to see Andrew's work here on the Model Cars forum; he is a first-rate aircraft modeler (you should see his complete "History of the Jolly Rogers (squadron) collection in 1/72, which is impressive not only in scope, but in the excellent execution of each individual model); he's also a great guy, and a friend through ARC.

• 1 year later...

I also attempted this project a number of years ago. Here's a photo of the model that was signed by the cast members at a taping in Toronto.

Funny story. When I built the Possum Van I did not realize until too late that the real Possum van was a maxivan (extended). So my model was wrong as the van appeared in the series. About a year after I built it the original Possum Van was destroyed (I think it wore out from being beat up so much). The replacements included a regular wheelbase van so then my model became correct. :lol:

PossumVan-vi.jpg

Normally they have an episode every Thursday night (I believe) on PBS. Or you can do like I mentioned above and buy the DVDs. :P

DVD? :D

Going to Amazon for Red Green DVD.

After seeing the Vans built. I wanna see more. :D

BTW Peter, Nice looking Van. does it have a tail too? :lol:

Edited by RodneyBad