Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is what's it's all about!!

I spent 3 days at the car show and I didn't get the time to get out and take photos of the real cars that were there, but that's OK!! Because these photos made up for that and made it worth missing out on the real cars.

Here are some photos from the "Make & Take" it was a lot of fun watching these kids work on their models and as you can they had fun doing it.

100_2244.jpg

100_2248.jpg

100_2252.jpg

100_2269.jpg

100_2280.jpg

100_2283.jpg

100_2298-1.jpg

100_2284.jpg

I can't wait to do this all again in Nov.

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! It's good to see the kids enjoying themselves and bloody great to see the girls in there as well.

Look at the smiles on their faces ands so proud of what they have done.

I love it!

Great Marty! I put some pics of the kits we did in the Model Club section but with me only having 2 and 1/2 hours to take in all of Good Guys I didn't catch the kids. I did mention it and again a HUGE thanks to Revell for the sponsorship to make this possible. Great pics Marty!

Marty, Brian,

Thanks also for your assistance!

Just a little info for everyone: The Model Car and Pedal Car Show is presented by Goodguys Rod & Custom Association; it is sponsored by Revell; Revell provides the kits for the Make-N-Take event which is part of the Model Car and Pedal Car Show.

For last weekend's SPRING NATIONALS, we had more than 150 kids (all under 15 years of age) build kits at the event. When they have finished, they get to take their models home and we encourage them to keep building throughout the year ... and to come back and enter the Junior Class of the Model Car Show!

One year, a 12-year old boy built his first model at our Make-N-Take. He took it home, and at the next year's event he showed up with the same model ... after he had taken it apart, customized it, detailed it, and painted it! His beautiful custom car won Best Junior Model!! THAT's what it is all about!

Some members of the Moonlight Modelers Club of Phoenix (like Marty and Brian) and some members of the Cactus Car Modelers Club lend assistance to Goodguys by helping the kids learn techniques and solve assembly problems; they also help the overall event by staffing the Model Car and Pedal Car Show. The clubs don't present, produce, or sponsor the event, but many of their members help by protecting the models on display and by answering spectator questions, etc.

Goodguys repays the favor by allowing the clubs to display their banners and flyers for club events.

Many members of both clubs enter models for display or competition in the Goodguys event.

Goodguys presents awards to entries based on both peoples' choice balloting and critical judging. The clubs are not involved in judging or awards. By the way, at this 1st SPRING NATIONALS, spectators cast well over 800 ballots in selection of the Peoples' Choice Award.

We present two events in Scottsdale each year; in 2010 it was the 1st GOODGUYS SPRING NATIONALS last weekend and it will be the 13th GOODGUYS SOUTHWEST NATIONALS in November.

Thanks for your interest,

Dan Baker

Model Car and Pedal Car Show Director

Goodguys Spring Nationals/Southwest Nationals