Model Cars Magazine Forum

One of My first Builds

Luis Ayala

I build this kit about 4 years ago, when I started building model cars. This was on of my first builds (I think # 6 or so) and the only thing I added was some custom wheels.

The paint is Daytona Yellow with Testors clearcote, both from spray cans.

Just wanted to share some pics with you

F001.jpg

F002.jpg

F003.jpg

F004.jpg

F005.jpg

F006.jpg

Thank you all for your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracias Ismael, ese modelo lo pinte con "spray" de Testors.

Para esa epoca no conocia lo que era un "Airbrush". Soy un fiel aficionado a las pinturas con base de aceite "Enamel". Trabaje hace muuuuuchos años en un taller de hojalateria y para esa epoca eso era lo que se usaba.

He usado las pinturas "lacquer" pero siempre les tiro mi "clear" favorito "Boyd's Clearcote".

:wink:

Hi Bill,

My first model was a REVELL-MONOGRAM 1/24 '66 Malibu SS; I still have it and believe me I look at it from time to time. I painted the interiors with a small brush :shock: man it took forever to finish it :cry:

It ended up with finger prints all over the place and my wife almost kill me when she saw paint all over my shirt... :lol::lol::lol:

I remember the first time I went to a contest :shock: I felt like a fish out of the water. I started looking at the models at the tables and when I saw all the detailing, painting, etc. I almost grabbed my stuff and run for cover :shock: .

To make the long story short, I decided to stay and ended the day with one " Top 15" award and a hand full of new friends... :wink:

Hey, but this is a hobby and making friends and having fun is what this is all about... isn't it? :wink:

Thank you all for your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gracias Ismael, ese modelo lo pinte con "spray" de Testors.

Para esa epoca no conocia lo que era un "Airbrush". Soy un fiel aficionado a las pinturas con base de aceite "Enamel". Trabaje hace muuuuuchos años en un taller de hojalateria y para esa epoca eso era lo que se usaba.

He usado las pinturas "lacquer" pero siempre les tiro mi "clear" favorito "Boyd's Clearcote".

:wink:

Hi Bill,

My first model was a REVELL-MONOGRAM 1/24 '66 Malibu SS; I still have it and believe me I look at it from time to time. I painted the interiors with a small brush :shock: man it took forever to finish it :cry:

It ended up with finger prints all over the place and my wife almost kill me when she saw paint all over my shirt... :D:lol::lol:

I remember the first time I went to a contest :shock: I felt like a fish out of the water. I started looking at the models at the tables and when I saw all the detailing, painting, etc. I almost grabbed my stuff and run for cover :shock: .

To make the long story short, I decided to stay and ended the day with one " Top 15" award and a hand full of new friends... :wink:

Hey, but this is a hobby and making friends and having fun is what this is all about... isn't it? :wink:

Nice work, Tierra!

Ojala y mis primeros modelos se hubieran visto asi. . .

Deja ver si termino el que estoy haciendo (con motor y to' :twisted: )

And now for the english version of this weather forecast :wink:

If only my first models would have turned out like this one. . .

Now let's see if I can manage to finish the one I'm building for next month's contest. . . 8)

Hey brother, you have done your homework and let me tell everybody here that Luis paid us a visit last year at our annual NNL in Maryland and ran away with not one but two trophies so keep them coming bro :wink: Hope to see you again this year in Maryland..........