Model Cars Magazine Forum

compressors

Alright guys (and gals),

Its coming up on Christmas time again and I've been saving my money to replace the air compressor I got last year for Christmas. Right now I am using the little blue aztec compressor that I got from my LHS. Can some of you (hopefully lots of you) put up some pics of the compressors you guys use to create your works of art. I am looking for one that is relatively quiet because my model room is part of the house. I do not have a garage that I can work in. Any ideas would be fantastic. Thanks again guys! I will also be posting this in the "general" section, just so you know

I'm using a 26 gal Sears compressor. It was quite a good deal when you figure in the air tools they throw in. But, it's really loud. On the plus side, it scares most of the cats out of the garage within 30 seconds and I really only need to run it once every couple of days. ;)

Edited by Dave Ambrose

Ben the air compressor was purchased at Lowe's for $160. You bet it like all air compressors makes noise.The pros about this compressor is that it recycles less frequently because it has a six gallon tank and the ability to regulate the air pressure & use it to run other non hobby related air type tools around the home. If noise is a issue you could check out a co2 cylinder like the ones used for inflating balloons etc etc. You might try a welding supply house or check out your local grocery store and inquire as to where they get there tanks from. Hope this helps .

Edited by slapshot

Phil, if you want a quiet air compressor, you really need to look into the Harbor Freight unit I linked to above. Can't beat it for the price.

I agree with Marc! I got the same one and it works well for the price! I will be adding a 2 liter tank to mine in the short future also.

Just purchase the extra warranty from the store (all items have a 30day policy, after that you are out of luck and have to rely on the manufacturers warranty, by purchasing the one from them..if anything happens, you just return it and get a new one)

Phil, if you want a quiet air compressor, you really need to look into the Harbor Freight unit I linked to above. Can't beat it for the price.

Thanks Mark. You're right, the price is right. I have a bigger compressor, but it's for power tools and is pretty loud. I'll order one of the ones you have. Thanks for the link.

Phil