Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nissan NP35 GTP

Brendan

Just finished this up last night. The kit is from Studio 27. Very nicely cast kit; only downside was a lot of white metal that had to be filled in to get rid of the imperfections. Paints used were Tamiya's TS-26, TS-8 and TS-29 and Scale Finishes Nissan GTP Blue. I have to give him a special thanks for mixing up this paint for me. All paints were airbrushed. I did have to add the antennas and roof light to correct the parts that were left out on the body. I also added some wires and seat belts to the interior of the cockpit.

Little history on the car: The car did not ever participate in a race in this configuration. It was only tested. The people who drove the car really liked the chassis and the way the car handled. But the lack of horse power coming from the V-12 ultimately was the downfall to the car since it could not keep pace with the older cars. The car did find life as an open coupe Ferrari that ran only one race. The Japanese version did one race in Japan and did not do well.

I decided to build this car because I thought it was a very neat looking car design. And the technology that they used to create this car helped in the development of a lot of the later sports cars. Feel free to comment.

007-2.jpg

006-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

005-5.jpg

001-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

Brendan,

Looks great!

When was this car developed?

I do see some of the later ('98-'99) LeMans prototypes in the shape...

The development was a collaboration of about ten years of the Nissan race teams. This was the final car they developed. It was on the track in '93.

Welp Brendan, thanks for the inspiration to getting my butt in gear to build again! :)

I love love love love this car, my favorite I think from the era! I didn't know anyone made this version, since you know, it wasn't really a racing version

Edited by Nick F40

• 3 months later...