Model Cars Magazine Forum

hotwheels CBP finished builds

diymirage

Wow, very cool...is that a slot car as well? That would really look cool flying around the track, strap down the boards!! Not sure what I am seeing under front bumper, these eyes aren't as young as they were yesterday. This is one cool ride, that's for sure, Jarius, you did a great job!!

Mike

Very cool! I'm still thinking of jumping in on that one, but I think the bar has been set a bit too high!

he did do a great job of setting the bar but im about to finish mine (i hope) and that should drop it down quite a bit :blink:

feel free to still join, the build runs untill october so plenty of time for most people to get one done

Wow, very cool...is that a slot car as well? That would really look cool flying around the track, strap down the boards!! Not sure what I am seeing under front bumper, these eyes aren't as young as they were yesterday. This is one cool ride, that's for sure, Jarius, you did a great job!!

Mike

hey Mike, if i could awnser that for Jairus (not sure if he's aware his model is on display here yet or not)

i'll just quote his post from the build to give you some insight

Jairus said :

Been working hard this last week. Finished three t-shirt designs and helped wrap a top fuel dragster. But for the three day weekend I spent some time just modeling, and managed to finish up the wheels for my build.

P1010752-vi.jpg

The redline is hand painted with acrylic red and the wheels are aluminum Revell items with Lindberg '66 Chevelle hub caps turned-down and used as inserts.

Finished chassis...

P1010753-vi.jpg

.... oops, how'd that get there? :)

Yeah, I know you guys hate slot cars. But if I am going to build a contest car it'll be a darned contest car!

If it's going to be a slammer or curbside.... well, why bother making it just a dust collector? So for this build I assembled a chassis that can run it around the track at a good scoot! Plus it has been my experience that slot car collectors pay way better than do model car collectors and I already have a couple buyers for this...

Plus, in some way... it makes my build more realistic in that it actually rolls and moves just like the REAL HOT WHEELS CAR! :lol:

Anyway, here it is with the body.

P1010754-vi.jpg

P1010755-vi.jpg

Time for some paint... onward we go! B)

(end qoute)