Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would you pay for: MPC 70 Challenger?

Hey guys, what would a MPC 1970 Challenger fetch on E-bay these days?Also, what ballpark price would you pay for one? The reason I'm asking is I might look into buying one, if its not too crazy! Buy the way, great forum! I've learned so much since signing up! The more I read the forums, the worse the "BUG" gets! Thanks!

Paul

Edited by allegheny

I've had over 600 transactions on eBay, and only two were bad. I've built most of my collection from it. The key is patience. If it gets too costly, let it go...there'll be another. I scored an Ertl International CO-4070A mint for $40.00, A really nice '66 Monaco for $35.00, A mint Mustang II Cobra II in box for $32.00. If you don't have to get the first one you see, deals can be had. My latest purchase was an AMT 1973 Camaro, a real nice builder...for $18.00. Patience is key. I also snipe because bidding early only encourages someone to outbid you. I'm not a wealthy man, I can't afford book value!

Note: all my prices above do not include shipping costs, typically around $9.00.

Wow! They send you a AMT kit inside a MPC box? Thats BULL&*#*&!!!

I overheard someone at the 2010 NNL East telling a story like that that happened to them. What happened was he ordered a AMT 69 Buick Rivera kit (2005 issue) from an online site brand new & sealed. When he got it and opened it up, it turns out to be the General Lee kit inside!! :huh: :huh: He couldn't return it because of RC-screwups no return policy... but they told him to keep the one that had the DOH kit inside, and they sent another '69 Riv kit opened, but containing the right model inside.

Imagine what a Dukes 69 Rivera would look like! :lol: :lol:

The two I have I bought over 10 years ago, in restorable built form (one w/ the box and some parts still on the trees and the instructions included). Paid around $50 or so for them IIRC. Similarly with the 2 '71s, 1 '72, 1 '73, and 2 '74s I have.

Edited by Rob Hall