Model Cars Magazine Forum

Will Revell-o-gram bring out a 1970 Dodge Charger anytime soon?

They did the uber-rare F&F diecat a decade ago, which was far ahead of the horrorfudgous AMT kit! So how 'bout taking their magnificant '69 kit, modfying the front end and F&F '70 grille to a stock unit, adding the side scoops, and adding a 2-in-1 option with parts from the F&F kit or the '68?

Sounds like a good idea right? I mean Chargers are popluar and tooling it into the 70 wouldn't be too costly if it sells well. Maybe if Revell-o-grams marketing department is reading this, this will give them incentive to do so, or to just make plans for a GEARZ '57 Bel-Air ratshowrod kit and hope it sells to 9 year olds.

Yeah, but the point I was trying to get across is that it wouldn't be very expensive for revell-o-gram to retool their 69 charger intoa '70.

Plus resin & I didn't get along too well on our first date... she got mad because I tried cleaning 'er hood in PP and she deformed on me, and said "**** you!!"

I hope Revell wouldn't release a '70 Dodge Charger based on a die-cast model/tooling. We need only look at the Revell '70 Dodge Challenger R/T T/A kit to see the shortcomings of such ideas.

I suspect Revell will release a '70 Charger based on the '69 Daytona, '69 R/T, and '68 R/T kits, but I have no guess as to when. I think a '70 Charger kit would sell well, and it seems to me the '69 Charger R/T kit has been in production for a few years, which to me equates to "selling well".

Now, about that all-new '70 'Cuda/Barracuda kit...

Edited by Casey