Model Cars Magazine Forum

Was a 69 Javelin ever kitted?

That is my question. I know Johan did a 68 Javelin kit that was stock, custom and funny car. I have a mint kit of one. I also know that a 70 Javelin kit was also offered that way. What I want to know is if Johan offered a 69 Javelin the same way. I want one to build one stock someday. I know Johan did do a promo of a 69.

That is my question. I know Johan did a 68 Javelin kit that was stock, custom and funny car. I have a mint kit of one. I also know that a 70 Javelin kit was also offered that way. What I want to know is if Johan offered a 69 Javelin the same way. I want one to build one stock someday. I know Johan did do a promo of a 69.

I think Johan did.

Scroll down to the little nice green.

http://maxiblue.homestead.com/amcmodels.html

That resin Javelin looks pretty good! I may have to check that one out! I once owned a 1:1 '69 AMX 390 (that car could be a real handful in the rain due to the short wheelbase), so I have my share of kits of that.

I have no Javelins though............I'd sometime like to model the one my Mom once owned------a '69 SST model she bought brand new in the summer of '69.

Johan did the Javelin in '68-69-70, but I don't have any... :( They are on my grail list along w/ the Ambassador and Rebel of the same years.

I have the '80s issue of the Johan '69 AMX, and their '71 and '74 Javelins.. the only '68-69 Javelin model I have is the Revell 1:32nd snap kit.

Edited by Rob Hall