Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser Wheels

Nice! How did you accomplish the spokes?

thanks Terry, I made a jig on the lathe to center the hub and rim to each other then used a pin vise and drilled through the rim into the hub and slid the spokes in with a lil ca glue and cut them off and filed them smooth with the rim, then found some o-rings to fit the rims

Wow, those are amazing. I've been looking for those 12 spoke wheels, but actually only model kits, what have them seems to be AMT Double Dragster. I saw one resin set on Modelexpress site too, but shipping is pretty expensive... :rolleyes:

Wow, those are amazing. I've been looking for those 12 spoke wheels, but actually only model kits, what have them seems to be AMT Double Dragster. I saw one resin set on Modelexpress site too, but shipping is pretty expensive... :rolleyes:

thanks fella's, I actually tried to put them on the death wish or the fiat, couldn't get the front wheels off either one with out junkin them, go figure, the wheels are usually the first thing to fall off a model! lol

One thing to improve on.....drill your center hole for the spindle mount before yo make the rest of the wheel. I do think you did a good job on keeping the flange very close on the two rims.

thanks iBorg, I think you miss understood what I was trying to say, they do have center holes on the other side, I had the cars allready built before I got my lathe , after I made them I wanted to put them on the death wish car but I couldn't get them off with out junking the suspension and coil overs I made, they are extremely fragil, so I left it alone, thanks for the imput, I still have a lot to learn about machining for sure

See? I TOLD ya! :lol:

sure did Terry! lol Edited by vintagedragfan

Those are pretty slick. Just think, after you fill everyone's order, you'll be really good at these. If this was your first set, I'd say most of the learning curve has been mastered. I'll take a few sets too.

I did learn some things for sure, if I start makin wheels for every one , I'd never get any models done lol