Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another bel air project, with an orange flavor.

Flyboyz1011

It started out like this,

photo3-3.jpg

After A LOT of sanding it's now looking like this.

photo2-3.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Not sure if I want to make it a gasser with the old school wheels like these

photo5-2.jpg

or make it a street/strip cruiser with these

photo4-2.jpg

Trunk was cut open, will have Optima batter and fuel cell. Engine will either be a 572 variation from VCG resins, or I might go to the dark side and try a Ross Gibson rat trap just to see how they are.

Or I might lose my mind and throw a Hemi in it. Can anyone explain why people put hemi's in bel Air's?

Those big wheels with those flat tires will not look good on this Bel Air. So I vote for those Old School wheels and tires, they just look right. Hemi engine is not a problem, even if it's Mopar engine and GM car, but those modern wheels are not good in my opinion. ;)

Those big wheels with those flat tires will not look good on this Bel Air. So I vote for those Old School wheels and tires, they just look right. Hemi engine is not a problem, even if it's Mopar engine and GM car, but those modern wheels are not good in my opinion. ;)

I'm with you. The older style wheels matched up well in a mock up last night. I'll post some pics today if I get a chance.

Thanks TonyT! I appreciate the compliment on the color.