Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Dodge Pro Mod..COMPLETE..Finished pics start on pg. 5

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I really should clarify that I'm not going for a vintage, retro or even a swoopy current Pro Mod look on this build. I probably would have been better off calling this car a Top Sportsman because that class is full of dozens and dozens of regular looking cars that may have some body mods like a wing etc. and they still run in the sixes. I'll have more as soon as I can. Thanks again!

hey darryl did't color me gone last one that was more of a promod of 90;s and would be kool... love the older pro mods too B)

The Color Me Gone Top Sportsman style car was a 65 Dodge. It also wasn't very radical as some designs have been. Not to say that it wasn't a cool looking car though.

Thanks for the great comments guys! Bart, it is hard to cut styrene sometimes but as fragile as it was to cut around the windshield pilar and lower rocker panel the front end did break loose which is not what I wanted to happen. But, all is well and the rocker molding wedge piece that I added will hold the front end in place. My plan is to display it with the doors open and just the hood off. Thanks again fellas!

Thanks guys, Wayne gave me a really modern Pro Mod type Hemi (last pic) to use on this build but the wheels started turning and I decided to use it on my next project which will be a Duster Pro Mod (sorry Wayne). So, I jsut started to detail the engine that I pulled out of the parts box and got some small details done.834.jpg835.jpg836.jpg837.jpg833.jpg

Edited by Mister Twister