Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Famous, The Fabulous & YOU--What's In Your Scrapbook?

OK, here we go....

March of 2004 at Las Vegas speedway. Got to meet Bob Riggle and spent some time talking. Eventually I asked "The Question" and was given the thrill of a lifetime!

Hemi_Under_Glass001-vi.jpg

January of 2006 my Wife & I had the pleasure to meet Indian Larry a few months before his untimely death. Here's Amy with Larry at the NYC Motorcycle Show in the Javit's Center.

AmyIndianLarry2-vi.jpg

My Wife was groped by the Cookie Monster one night in Times Square....

TimesSquare007-vi.jpg

Wow, everyone, you are really digging through your archives for some gems. Bill, those GSL meetings of the late 90s and early 00s are legendary, so many great builders coming together, the late great Mr. Hiscano.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for sharing these!

SPRINGNATIONALS2011027.jpg

I work VIP security @ Royal Purple Raceway in Houston, this is me and John Force last year at Springnationals 2011, he is a really good guy. Not at all like people think he is, got to see Ashley qualifying for her license the next day when track was closed to the public, they are very nice people and good for the sport.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee

Wow, everyone, you are really digging through your archives for some gems. Bill, those GSL meetings of the late 90s and early 00s are legendary, so many great builders coming together, the late great Mr. Hiscano.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for sharing these!

You bet, Doc. I have, from time to time, grabbed some shots of the people attending the various shows. Here's the Fotki album from GSL in 2009.

http://public.fotki....dlguy/gsl-2009/

I have met quite a few Sprint Cup drivers when it was still Winston cup. We had a Road course track open up in Topeka Kansas and the winston cup guys would come and race there, Sat down and talked with Kenny Schrder and Dale Earnhardt one year A couple years later my neighbor says Lets' go to the truck races I can get you into the pits. So I say sure lets go thinkingwe would just be able to get to look at the pit area. No when we got there we wentto the pit area and he tells a guy that is walking in that he wanted to talk to one of his crew. So while we are standing there a guy walks up and starts talking to me neighbor the next thing I know the security openes up the gate and says come on in. We go in and the guy my neighbor was talking to was the tire changer For the Spears racing truck the driver was Bill Sedgwick that mey neighbor used to be a crew member for in Cali on his dirt track car. They gave us uniforms and we helped them work on the truck as well. While in the pit Darrel Waltrip, Rick hendrick . Ernie Irvan and and few other drivers came in. Wished I would hacve had a Camera that day. Got to spend the race in the pits with headphones to hear waht was going on. Even helped change tires on the truck during the race.

I Have John Forces autogragh and a few others. Met Mark Martin as well. Most of all these people were met in the late 90's Have also met few other drivers as well from the Nhra but I have bored you guys to death right now.

I met Elle McPherson once. We got to talking... she was really cool I can't believe I had the guts to do it, but I asked her out, and she said YES!

Then the alarm went off... :lol:

Ha! Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

OK... back to Hollywood Squares. B)

No pictures but I met Gregg, Augie, and Bill Coulter (one of my favorites) and Uncle Milton Hill ,Mayor of Auto Motif.

On other issues, The Original "Big Cat" (Yankees fans) Baseball Hall of Famer, Johnny Mize was from my town. Went to church with him and had the honor of helping to bear him to his final resting place.

Edited by camaroman

Met Alex Trebek once in a little corner store here in Sudbury. Blew me away, him..here..so I ask what the heck he was doing here. I said"..I'm home for Christma...i was born and raised here"....really..had no idea!

Met Jason Newstead and James Hetfield back in 86 after the show..Hetfield was wasted, of course, he belched alot of the lyrics that night.......Steve Harris in 85...the guitar player from Nazareth..thats about it

No pictures..but I did get James to autograph my MoP cassette

Edited by Evil Appetite