Model Cars Magazine Forum

moving, and why im happy

Harry,

I never thought my wife would want to move from the northern Burbs of Illinois but when the opportunity to move to NC was presented to us 7 years ago, she was the one who said YES! before I did.

Are there things and people we miss from back home? Sure! Do we regret the move? Heck NO! Going back to the old neighborhood and seeing the decline of the area due to the tough economic times make us glad we got out when we did. The house we sold for $200K+ in 2005 would barely fetch $150K today and the property taxes have gone up nearly $1,000 in the time since we left!

Illinois is in trouble financially and I don't think it is going to get better any time soon. At some point things will have to change but thankfully there are options for you with the states you have selected.

As far as the kids, they might surprise you and join you in your move! We moved to NC and within 4 years we had 4 more family members join us as they found the climate and area very inviting.

the weather isnt going to be much more humid than in wyoming. vandenberg is pretty close to desert country isnt it? probably drier out there than in wyoming, especially in the winter. but at least its warm there pretty much year round, again at least in comparison to wyoming. its perfect model building weather i think, especially as it has to do with paint drying.

That's the sad part of moving to better locales....eventually all the people you moved away from follow you and your neighbors again!

I moved from the NYC area into a semi-rural area of Pennsylvania back in the 90's and loved it. But it was still cold as heck... I've been to the southwest several times and if I was to move again, it would be some place WARM....without snow & ice. Preferably San Diego or Phoenix.

The real problem is that this countries problems are spreading like a disease and everywhere is going to be tainted. Greed and cut-back's are a way of life. Never mind your 401K... start saving ammunition.th_shithitdafan.gif

Oh Trey you'll be broke after you move allright, once you learn about Solvang with their Pasterys and Morro Bay for some sea Food on the Warf. And if you like good Wine Paso Robles has some REALLY Good Zin!

I like the Robert Hall Winery in Paso Robles... :)

I hope you're ready to be taxed up the wazoo. California is broke, and they are taxing residents like there's no tomorrow! In fact, it's such a mess in California that there are hundreds of thousands of people moving out.

But hey... good luck with that! :D

PS: One of the states on my "move there someday" wish list is Wyoming, for several reasons, including the state's tax structure.

Why do you think I moved to Reno, NV? :lol:

Guest Johnny

We just took up a collection to help a family member and family get back here from Nv. Said he loves the weather but is adverse to starvation! :lol: