Model Cars Magazine Forum

Was curious what tools you absolutely have to have in order to create your models? I'm looking to get some other tools but not entirely sure what to get.

So far in the Tool Box-

2 Hobby Knifes

Wide Range of Sand Paper

Files

Dremel w/ Multiple Acc.

Tweezers

Side Cutters

Wrapping Wire

Alrighty then... Def. got a list to go on now. I remember reading somewhere about a scribber (I think is what they are called) to use so you can make panel lines more distinct and all that jazz. Does this really bring any true importance or is it really just an accessory to play with?

Was curious what tools you absolutely have to have in order to create your models? I'm looking to get some other tools but not entirely sure what to get.

So far in the Tool Box-

2 Hobby Knifes

Wide Range of Sand Paper

Files

Dremel w/ Multiple Acc.

Tweezers

Side Cutters

Wrapping Wire

My Dad use to say "good tools ain't cheap, and cheap tools ain't good" Buy the best you can afford.

i think you forgot the most important part...glue ;)

I thought that too until I had bought a box of finished models at an auction, and had found a pretty good looking Hemi Cuda held together with nothing but sticky tack (at least I thought it was sticky tack). It did make it alot easier to take apart so I can restore in the future.

James, a scriber is great for deepening panel lines so they don't flatten out/disappear when painted. Also if you are doing conversion work, for example changing a 4 door to a 2 door, the scriber comes in handy for making new door cut lines etc.

So far in the Tool Box-

2 Hobby Knifes

Wide Range of Sand Paper

Files

Dremel w/ Multiple Acc.

Tweezers

Side Cutters

Wrapping Wire

Here ya go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODELERS-TOOLS-/180841247678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1afa73be