Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 coughlin p.s.colbolt

lou s

LOL...... yeah thats it,i forgot to put air in my tires.you guys need to let me know these thing before glue....i said i know nothing about drag cars.i thought they looked like that all the time.thanks for all the coments.ive already done a pro mod and know a pro stock.i am hooked on building these cars.they are very challenging and nothing looks cooler.......futurattraction yes it is my first pro stock and i dont know much about these cars but with the help of all the after market guys like yourself and coming to sights like this and studing all the step by step builds that everyone is so willing to share it make it possable.so thanks to everyone for sharing your talents.

Edited by lou s

LOL...... yeah thats it,i forgot to put air in my tires.you guys need to let me know these thing before glue....i said i know nothing about drag cars.i thought they looked like that all the time.thanks for all the coments.ive already done a pro mod and know a pro stock.i am hooked on building these cars.they are very challenging and nothing looks cooler.......futurattraction yes it is my first pro stock and i dont know much about these cars but with the help of all the after market guys like yourself and coming to sights like this and studing all the step by step builds that everyone is so willing to share it make it possable.so thanks to everyone for sharing your talents.

I agree 100% Louie!, without people like Dave Smith, Chris Sobak, Tyrone Price & of course Rom! plus all the other great builders here I think alot of us would be lost! Edited by Dragracer

Awesome looking build! You nailed it. Actually when you have a larger tire as the pro stocks do, the slicks will have a slight "wrinkle" to the them even standing still. Its not as exagerated as when they lunch and has a lot to do with how low some of teams run their air pressure. On most drag slicks, a wrinkle on lunch should come up to about the 1o o'clock position of the tire. I think everything looks great!

Where on earth did you get those rims and carburators from???

i said i didnt know much about drag cars..

That certainly doesn't show- everything looks like it's there, and where it's supposed to be! B) I'm not very knowledgable about modern drag cars myself, but I don't think I could make one look as good as yours.

its the revell engine that came with LAPD camaro.i scratch bilt the manifold used pro tech demon carbs and scale repos valve covers. his valve covers are great but when i set them on the heads they set a little high so i used a saw and cut them down a little. i then polished them up and they came out great.the oil tank and pullys are machined aluminum spec.the rims are micro nitro.

scale repos valve covers. his valve covers are great but when i set them on the heads they set a little high so i used a saw and cut them down a little. i then polished them up and they came out great.

Thanks for all your info. Is there a website somewhere that I can locate those valve covers???

99.9% done.i still have to add the shute riggings and the wing supports and a few odds and ends.i was hoping to have this car ready for the heartland nationals but it didnt happen so im showing it here.

post-9581-0-66104700-1339351068_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-26414400-1339351071_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-68173400-1339351073_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-94520200-1339351075_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-08853500-1339351078_thumb.jp

post-9581-0-96955100-1339351081_thumb.jp