Model Cars Magazine Forum

Alert! anyone doing business with MotorBids & Daily Hobbys-Read

I'm letting anyone know that I,just received an email that MotorBids.com and Daliy Hobby deals.com have both just went bellyup. So if you have any pending orders with them you should contact ASAP. This is not a April fools joke,as I stated I,just got the email minutes ago.

sadly this is true and it sucks, GoMotorBids was one of my favorite places to get diecasts and kits from :(

Here is the link and message from them regarding the closing:

http://www.gomotorbids.com/

Quoted from the front page:

"

*** URGENT MESSAGE FROM GOMOTORBIDS.COM – THIS IS NOT A PRANK OR A JOKE ***

We are very sorry to inform you that effective at 11:59 PM tonight (April 4, 2012), GoMotorBids.com and DailyHobbyDeal.com will be closing. You have until 6:00 AM Central time on April 5, 2012 to close out and pay for any unpaid orders. Any orders that are not paid for will not be fulfilled.

We are very pleased to have supplied our customer base with quality products and services during our years in business. If you have placed an order that you have not yet received, rest assured that it will be shipped. All orders completed prior to this notification will be honored and processed in accordance with our standard terms. Again, we thank you for your loyalty. It is unfortunate and we are sorry that it has come to an end. We wish you good luck and “good collecting” in your future.

Frequently Asked Questions

1) What happens to items that are in my Pay & Ship that have not been paid for?

You have until 6:00 AM Central time on April 5, 2012 to close out and pay for any unpaid orders.

2) Who do I contact for customer support issues?

Contact us by sending an email to gmbgeneral@gomotorbids.com. Your inquiry will be investigated and an email response will be sent out within 2 business days.

3) What happens to items that I was bidding on?

All active auctions are now cancelled and the products are no longer available for sale.

4) My items have been consigned with you. What happens now?

All unsold items will be returned to you at our expense. Payments for items sold through March have been submitted and will be mailed by April 5th. Payment for items sold in April will be processed and mailed by April 30th.

5) Why were your customers not given more notice about you closing the business?

This was not the original plan for closing the business. The management team was given notice of these events only hours before you have been given notice. We are truly sorry.

Sincerely,

Your GoMotorBids.com Team "

Hummmmmmmm, S A has lost an advertiser now ........................ Maybe they'll come to their senses , re- hire all the Car Modeler staff and get rid of their current editor , or better yet , sell the whole operation to our buddy Greg Hutchins fer , uh 50.00 . Thats about what that magazine is worth anyway ! Ed Shaver

Really? I just got an email from GoMotorBids today. :(

I haven't bought a lot from them, but they are good people and honored my return of a big speedboat that wasn't as it was advertised.

Yup....just got another email from them. Bummer!

Edited by deja-view

Hummmmmmmm, S A has lost an advertiser now ........................ Maybe they'll come to their senses , re- hire all the Car Modeler staff and get rid of their current editor , or better yet , sell the whole operation to our buddy Greg Hutchins fer , uh 50.00 . Thats about what that magazine is worth anyway ! Ed Shaver

You are joking, aren't you?

Your such a breath of fresh air. :(

I have no idea what he's attempting to say here, (even after reading it three times), but I'll have whatever this guy's drinking!! :lol:

What in the hell does this mean? You make now sense what so ever. So SA lost an Advertiser, big deal they will get one to replace it. But what I don't get is how re-hiring all the "Car Modeler" staff and getting rid of their current editor has anything to with them losing an advertiser. Truth be told, SA comes out on time, you can actually understand what the articles are by the way they are written. I think you need to come down from the hills and back to reality, seriously.

Who cares if the SA comes out on time if they would write good articles it might be worth buying!! Haven't seen A good mag from SA in over 2 years!!!! Glad i Haven't bought any SA in that last 2 years as I would have had to use them to start my woodburner!