Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 rat rod

Brendan30

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and wanted to post a few photos and ask for any help that i may need for this rat i am building. I need to find some nice oversized white wall tires possibly spoked like from replicas and miniatures of maryland. Please post anything you may see that I need to address with this model!

Thanks!

Brendan Dougherty

Edited by Brendan30

Hey everyone, kind of hitting a snag here with the below photos, I chopped the back plate where the seat fits in but I have open space on either side of the rear window as you can see. This is also causing a problem with fitting the inside door panel it looks off I have a pic of the panels. if the panels are tight with interior sides they won't be tight against the actual door itself. How should I fix this any ideas. I am thinking about not worrying about it since it is a rat custom but it still is bother me. I was thinking of using some foam back to fit into those areas that look exposed.

It looks like you will have to shorten the door panels to work with you channel job and make some filler panels to meet the back of the interior. Shorten them from the bottom, otherwise you will lose the mounting area for the dash board. Now, depending on how ratty your rod is you could always ditch the fancy door panels all together and just add some door handles to the inside of the body shell and widen the rear panel and floor to fit snug enough in to the body to not need any more of an interior.

Shot it last night in Tamiya primer, probably the best primer to my knowledge goes on silky smooth. drilled holes across the roof panel to hold down the rusted top. more ideas on rusting the whole car out going to practice on an old chevy pickup I have laying around. for some reason I can't upload any more pics, saying my quota is used up.

I'll work on a photo bucket for these I guess