Model Cars Magazine Forum

'05 Impala 9C1

DSCF5228-vi.jpg

To make it real interesting, I'm building a replica of one of the cars used by my hometown.

DSCF5229-vi.jpg

This is Revell snap kit of a '05 Chevy Impala police package car which I started work on yesterday.

DSCF5230-vi.jpg

There's way too much wash on the door speakers so I've gotta give 'em a wash to tone it down.

DSCF5231-vi.jpg

Pardon the fuzzy photo. The camera batteries were working on fading out on me.

MemphremagogQC19_GD-vi.jpg

Here's a 1:1.

DrvrPassemailProof-vi.jpg

I've had custom vinyl graphics made to replicate the Memphremagog Regional Police Department stripes. This is a proof of them. Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the 1:1 has a GREEN stripe under the blue stripe so the model will not be 100% correct.

John - is there any way you can get a picture of the Police specific quipment? We have a few local police Magnums running around and I have been toying with the idea of replicating one. I have considered buying the Impala but did not want to buy it if the equipment was very minimal.

I just wanted to compliment you on all of your builds as you are one of the premier builders in our hobby.

Thanks,

Robyn

John - is there any way you can get a picture of the Police specific quipment? We have a few local police Magnums running around and I have been toying with the idea of replicating one. I have considered buying the Impala but did not want to buy it if the equipment was very minimal.

I just wanted to compliment you on all of your builds as you are one of the premier builders in our hobby.

Thanks,

Robyn

I could get ya a photo of the police equipment but it isn't really worth it as all you get is the following: Lightbar (red and blue) for the roof, shotgun, computer, dash mount radar and the barrier that goes between the front seats and the rear compartment. In short, the equipment is minimal and the lightbar isn't modeled after any 1:1 I've ever seen.

If it were me, I'd wait (how ever long it may take) for the Lindberg Dodge Charger police car. It's gotta be better than the Revell Impala.

The Impala doesn't even come close to the last police car Revell offered (the early '90's Caprice).

In the end, mine will end up being a nice curbside/shelf model of an Impala 9C1. Sure wish Revell had worked a little harder on it.

Now there's an idea, assuming I have a green that's close to what's on the 1:1.

I also noticed the numbers on the rear doors are the same green as the stripe and mountains. Not sure if there's an easy way to shoot some acrylic green over those stripes/numbers or not. Is their "printing" locked in stone, or can you change the color selection of those before they're cut??

Neat project! :D

I also noticed the numbers on the rear doors are the same green as the stripe and mountains. Not sure if there's an easy way to shoot some acrylic green over those stripes/numbers or not. Is their "printing" locked in stone, or can you change the color selection of those before they're cut??

Neat project! :D

Ya know, I see those cars on a regular basis and I hadn't noticed that the green stripe was the same shade as the green numbers.

At this point, I think it's time for me to contact my stripe maker and see if we can get that stripe fixed.

Thanks for all the input guys!

Sorry for the lack of updates but it was a busy weekend. I went to a 1:1 car show and it was basically too humid to want to model.

Then there's the green stripe problem which I decided to take care of by having a new set of stripes made which will delay the completion of the model.

Should have a pic. or two of the completed interior for tonight.

• 3 weeks later...