Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Marauder X-100 is still in the works

The 69 Marauder X-100 that I started work on (what seems like) years ago is still a go. It's just in limbo at the moment. I had a person willing to do the photoetched emblems for the master but that deal never produced. The emblems are my biggest block right now. If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

The 68 Park Lane convertible is also still in the works, needing the emblems as well. I still have quite a bit of grinding to do on the body. TKM must get their resin cheap as they use a ton of it. I've taken at least 1/8" off the entire inside of the body and it's still too thick for my liking. But both are still in the works. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Jackie Cheyenne

Thank you for the update, Jackie, and PLEEEZE let us know when these are ready for sale!! 68 Park Lane droptop, huh? I'm willing to bet that if you mastered a four door hardtop you would likely have a SLEW of orders. I would LOVE to have a replica of McGarett's ride myself.....

Thank you for the update, Jackie, and PLEEEZE let us know when these are ready for sale!! 68 Park Lane droptop, huh? I'm willing to bet that if you mastered a four door hardtop you would likely have a SLEW of orders. I would LOVE to have a replica of McGarett's ride myself.....

Lizardlust, The original 68 Parklane Brougham that was used in Hawaii Five O has been restored ,which was no small feat considering it crashed and burned (literally) in it's last episode. The guy who owns it is also a farily avid modeler.

Jackie, you just keep chugging on the Marauder when you can. Youmay consider me (and the guy who owns Mcgarrett's real merc) sure customers when it's ready. until then, i won't run out of things to build.

Actually, I'd originally planned to do two more versions of the 68 Merc. McGarrett's four door was to be my second with a Monterey Sportsroof the third. In my re-engineering this "kit", I'd made it so the interior side panels would be separate, allowing for the four door and 2dr hardtop version to be an easy fit. I've made it so the AMT 66 Galaxie would be the donor kit for chassis, engine, windshield and wheel backs/tires. Everything else would be cast in resin. I'm going to stick to that original plan, modifying the convertible body into the 4dr and Monterey variants. Now that R&R has a 67 Galaxie wagon kit, I might even consider using that roof to make a Colony Park wagon. At least the thought had crossed my mind <_<

As for the Marauder, the AMT 69 Galaxie would donate the chassis, engine, etc. Like I said, the only real stumbling block there is the emblems. Pretty much everything else is handled, except for some fine tuning on the upholstery.

Oh yeah, the convert is planned to have both a boot cover and up-top. I'll be including a 66 Galaxie up-top with the master when it's ready to get cast.

*Jackie Cheyenne*

• 11 years later...