Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Stock Chrysler

gonzo64nova

I picked up this kit for cheap at a LHS, covered in dust on a back shelf. Its a pretty basic kit but Ithought it had potential. I started gluing all the separate pieces together on the nose and molded them together to represent a fiberglass pro stock nose clip.

Then I started on the chassis and added the cage and big wheel tubs. I've also scratch built a lenco trans and hood scoop.

I hav'nt decided if this is going to be a "what if" of a well known driver / team or just a paint scheme representing a local team or speed shop. I still have tons more to build so enjoy the beginning pictures for now.

ProCharger2_zpseaec05d4.jpg

Pro20Charger203_zps7c677567.jpg

A few of these were raced in Pro Stock. The list includes Sox and Martin (Slixx decals), Dick Landy, and Bob Lambeck. I don't know where you'd decals for the last two.

I also have one that I keep looking at thinking I should pull it out and build it.

I have future plans to do the S & M car, like what Roger has already done but I also plan to do the Butch Leal car as this one would be the easiest to replicate using any one of a number of decal sources. The text on his cars never really changed much so the Cady Duster decals would work for this car.

Mark Batson has also been working on a Roy Hill version for a couple of years now. He had some custom decals created for his.

Thanks for the help guys, I have never seen the Leal car, The photos are a big help. I am keeping the Shelby ground effects so I might just make up my own sponsors / team. Im working on the frame and mounting the hemi, then headers ( the job I dread ) Im going to try a set from one of the Pro/Sportsman kits first.

Rodger - nice job on the S &M car, Ilook forward to all your new builds

Wayne - Thanks for the pics, I love it when I can add to my reference collection.