Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a 25th/24th scale 1972 Dodge Dart?

AMT actually did the race car in your pic back in the '70s.

Yes, but I can't justify the cost of an original for a builder. If the 1970 or 71 kit will convert easily i'll go that route. The AMT kit was a short run, and when they made the release with the Ford hauler, Lee and Elizabeth (Richard's mother) blew thier stacks and had it pulled from production. That's why there are such low numbers of it out there.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I think an LA Dart would be your best route to take. the rear wheel wells are already opened up, your going to remove the section of the grile where the park lights are so it doesn't matter if it's a 1970 or a 1972 .The rear bumper would have had aluminum blockoff plates over the light openings, so again it makes no differnce what you start with

do a wanted ad for the someone who has or is willing to part out an LA Dart ( I only have 2 of them so it's not going to be me )

amt is reissuing this kit. tower hobby shows aug. 2013 as release date

You mean the Petty dart!?! :)

EDIT: Just looked them up...YIPPEE!!! It's been too long since this kit was around. I can't wait, and i've never been so happy to have a thread rendered moot!

Edited by MAGNUM4342

The Tower Hobbies listing says 'AMT Petty Dodge Dart Sportsman'....separate listing from the MPC '75 Dart Sport.

I wonder if it's going to be the earlier kit

15wckzc.jpg

or just the one that was reissued around 2000 without Petty decals (a race car with the later Dart Sport bodystyle)...i.e. this kit:

$(KGrHqJ,!o!FBbD+8rHQBQ(k)ZqwoQ~~60_35.J

Edited by Rob Hall

The Tower Hobbies listing says 'AMT Petty Dodge Dart Sportsman'....separate listing from the MPC '75 Dart Sport.

I wonder if it's going to be the earlier kit

15wckzc.jpg

or just the one that was reissued around 2000 without Petty decals (a race car with the later Dart Sport bodystyle)...i.e. this kit:

$(KGrHqJ,!o!FBbD+8rHQBQ(k)ZqwoQ~~60_35.J

I've sent a message to a friend at Polar Lights to see what he says. Most likely it will be the original kit or they wouldn't identify it as a "Petty" car, but we'll see as soon as he gets back to me.(probably monday).

Well, the Ford hauler that was also sold with the Petty Dart is being re-issued so it's a good chance the 72 Dart is as well

That might be, but I guarantee it won't be the combo kit. Lee would be spinning in his grave! :) This thread worked out much better than I would have expected. I am now locking the thread. Thanks to all respondees. :)

Edited by MAGNUM4342