Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

looking to build "55" Ford

4 posts in this topic

Posted

My first car (and the next 6) was a "55" Ford and I would like to build in scale. Suggestions as to how to do would be appreciated.

Posted

AMT '56 Fairlane could be made into a 55 with a change to the grill and side trim. Possibly Modelhaus has a grill done already and a sedan body.

Posted

Hendrix Mfg sells '55 Ford Bodies . See/contact Steve Kohler , he is among the best . I do have some and am happy with Hendrix Resins . The trunk lids had a different trim .

The rear bumper routed the exhaust through it for the costlier models in '55 . I think it was dropped in 1956 ? The '55 has a "peak - a- boo" Speedo and round gauges/ Radio / controls . The '56 not so . Different hood emblems and all trim on the bodies are not the same . . happy hinting with this conversion . It is not out of reach to pull off . Thanx ..

Hendrix Mfg sells '55 Ford Bodies . See/contact Steve Kohler , he is among the best . I do have some and am happy with Hendrix Resins . The trunk lids had a different trim .

The rear bumper routed the exhaust through it for the costlier models in '55 . I think it was dropped in 1956 ? The '55 has a "peak - a- boo" Speedo and round gauges/ Radio / controls . The '56 not so . Different hood emblems and all trim on the bodies are not the same . . happy hinting with this conversion . It is not out of reach to pull off . Thanx ..

Posted

Have '55 grille if you want covert a '56.....Woody