Model Cars Magazine Forum

mercury capri foxbody's crimson cat and "black mgic"

MsDano85gt

post-10166-0-05850000-1376789565_thumb.jpost-10166-0-85060000-1376789831_thumb.jpost-10166-0-17665800-1376789911_thumb.j

these are my attempts at replicating fo mo co's great rides

theres a crimson cat and the "black magic"

thank you to all fellow members that helped me out with the "cat " decals sources from older merc cougar kits

the cat head is scalewise a little oversized, but I think its sweet and i'm working with what I have and I've never seen it done before!

kits will be mostly box stock except for additions of engine wires and a ever so important clutch cable for 5 speed fox bodys

to get the "rs" front clip look I borrowed pcs from mpc mustang kits its the same 1/25 scale as the revel kits works well and the rear 3 pc spoiler are borrowed mustang pcs

I am kitbashing in a mpc chassis on one of them

there will also in the future be a "white lightning" version as well the wheels are just display purpose

most likely I will be using factory ford trx rims painted gold as per specs for these versions of these cars

all input welcome

tomcar3-vi.jpg

Here's my 1979 Fox Capri RS with a V8 and the TRX suspension / wheel package. It was one of the very first sold in our area. When we saw it we just had to have it. Paid dearly for it since it was nothing but trouble and one problem after another for the three years we owned it. Traded it in on a Nissan Stanza.

But of course I do want to build a model of it. I believe I have all the parts in the same box. I was told that the kits didn't have the right wheel flares for the Capri. Do you know about this?

don't know how "accurate" the "flares" are on the capri kits by revel, but they are there and capris did distincltly have the flares in the fenders mustangs did not......

the funny thing is the "turbo cobra" mustang kits of the era are based off the exact same tooling just had mustang sail panels and a mustang rear and front clip they shared the same "flared " body which is inaccurate but still cool kits to play with nonetheless! hope this helps sorry to hear the ol capri turned out to be a lemon, must have been a Monday or Friday car off the assembly line lol

tomcar3-vi.jpg

Here's my 1979 Fox Capri RS with a V8 and the TRX suspension / wheel package. It was one of the very first sold in our area. When we saw it we just had to have it. Paid dearly for it since it was nothing but trouble and one problem after another for the three years we owned it. Traded it in on a Nissan Stanza.

But of course I do want to build a model of it. I believe I have all the parts in the same box. I was told that the kits didn't have the right wheel flares for the Capri. Do you know about this?

The models fender flares are not the same as a real 79 Capri. The flares on the real one are more flat and narrow than the model. I have a real 79 Capri and had to change the fender flares on the model to look like the ones on the real one.Just look at the car that is posted real close and you can see the flare and how narrrow and flat it looks.

Edited by James Flowers

i don't know that i could turn a real 1:1 capri into a circle track derby lookin car its sweet but i just couldn't stomach it

i very rarely see a capri on the road nowadays i would love to get one.....

for now i live my dreams in styrene 1/24 and 1/25 scale! :wub: