Model Cars Magazine Forum

Narrow nose KW dimensions needed

I would like to ask the KW experts for a favour. A friend of mine is working on this narrow nose KW and he would like to know some dimensions. I attached the pics that he sent to me and they show the what dimensions he needs. Is anybody willing to fill in the figures, please?

post-8448-0-71978100-1379105448_thumb.jp post-8448-0-60702800-1379105457_thumb.jp

Thanks in advance.

Right, but this is going to be completely new transkit, more detailed with photo etched parts included. Buying from overseas is not a choice in this case. It is probably impossible to find a truck like this here in Europe. If someone has an access to this old KW a help with taking the measures would be highly appreciated. A complete transkit for only production cost would go to the guy who is willing to send the correct dimensions.

I think if you were to ask over at Hanks Truck Forum,there would definetly be someone there who would have access to one of these in their backyard?,Myself I have never seen one that old,what year is it?,looks very neat,is this a recent picture or an old one. Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Jaroslav,

Last Saturday I went to an IPMS meeting over here in The Netherlands to a person who collected old trucks and he opened his doors for us.......one of the trucks was a KW like the one in your photo. Too bad I saw this topic too late as I could have done some measuring for you. Another friend of mine went to the same place 2 years ago and he's a big KW fan and according to people who went with him he was wearing his coveralls and crawled around the truck to make pictures and measurements......I can ask him if he has the info you need?? Oh, and I presume we will be able to preserve a copy through Jan Rosecky for Jabbeke next year? ;) ( I bought the 351 in 2012 and the KW Bullnose this year )

My collection of photo's of that can be found here: http://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/modelshows/dutch-ipms/ipms-sig-meeting-21/

Regards, Arjan Ouwendijk ( Dutch Model Truck Club )