Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 T-Bird

MeatMan

Okay so I'm finally getting around to posting my projects. I've got 3 going - sort of. A 1968 Mustang which is almost done. Fairly out of the box build. 2006 Camaro concept which I bought as a parts car for my first build (my avatar). Its going to be a street racer with a pro-mod feel. My other project is a 57 T-bird that I was given. Since it was free I decided to go custom with it based on a concept car. Working on the body mods while I figure out what to do about the chassis. The suspension and exhaust are molded in and I don't want that. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

post-12432-0-24961900-1379861164_thumb.j

post-12432-0-83758200-1379861366_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

I love the concept drawing. Is this your work?

The coilovers look great. One of these days I'm going to have to step up to the plate and make my own, instead of just buying them from RB Motion. The RBM units look great, but I want bragging rights :lol: . Are yours functional, or set at a fixed length?

It appears to be a line-drawing taken from a Bo Zolland design...010611_custom_ford_tbird_1.jpg

Working on the body mods while I figure out what to do about the chassis. The suspension and exhaust are molded in and I don't want that. Any tips or suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.

The old Monogram Predicta kits can sometimes be had pretty cheap. As the car is based on an early T-bird, I've used the chassis under several AMT molded-detail cars. $T2eC16JHJHIE9nysd6ewBROl-tiC3%21~~60_35

The coilovers look great. One of these days I'm going to have to step up to the plate and make my own, instead of just buying them from RB Motion. The RBM units look great, but I want bragging rights :lol: . Are yours functional, or set at a fixed length?

Thanks for the kudos but no they aren't functional, but doable. The drawing is not actually a drawing but a converted photo.(snaptouch.com). I wanted to buy RBM but didn't want to spend that much on this build since its kind of experimental to test my skills.

It appears to be a line-drawing taken from a Bo Zolland design...010611_custom_ford_tbird_1.jpg

The old Monogram Predicta kits can sometimes be had pretty cheap. As the car is based on an early T-bird, I've used the chassis under several AMT molded-detail cars. $T2eC16JHJHIE9nysd6ewBROl-tiC3%21~~60_35

Hey, that's the right concept car, and just like I informed Shardik its converted from a photo (snaptouch.com). Thanks for the info on the chassis.

• 5 months later...