Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Citroen B. 14 " Normande update 11-3-13

Been on a kick lately to build stuff that I normally would not. Case in point this kit which is way different than anything I have built before. I never built a Heller kit and never built a Citroen before. I like the look of this vehicle as it reminds me of an early Ford product. It is 1/24 scale and the parts look pretty clean. It will be maroon with black fenders. I also ordered the wood grain decals you see to fill in all the small areas in the body where the wood shows through. I will also use them for the bed I think also. Anyone built this kit ? Thanks for looking.

firstcitroen001_zps548abd22.jpg

firstcitroen002_zpsc2989fb4.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Good for you building outside your normal interests. I've built several Heller kits (1/24 and 1/16) and several of their Citroens, but I haven't built this kit. Heller kits are usually pretty decently molded and have lots of nice detail though they will challenge you at several steps along the way. You should test fit even more than you might normally. With some patience you'll be rewarded with very nice looking finished model.

Got a bit more done on this wip. Still lots to do but getting there. Cutting out each little piece of decal is a pain but thats just about done. The woodgrain decals I bought are pretty nice. They not only have the look of wood but they also have the texture as well.

woodpu3001_zps4bc6e945.jpg

woodpu3002_zps469b068f.jpg

I have been working on the Heller Citroen Bordens milk truck which is pretty much the same kit you have. I also have two copies of the Normande. With the Fotki photo transition, I have gone to my folder for this build and it's empty! So I can't post any photos right now. A few things...

The chassis builds up onto the fender unit. It's difficult to assemble, think very old Revell spindly parts. I have used my drill and pin technique to get it assembled and aligned. Spare tire mount - there is no definite mount point, I drilled and pinned mine. You won't have the issues with the body I had, the Bordens truck is a multi piece body that needs to be built up upon that fender unit. It doesn't really square up well, I would do it different next time. But I'd recommend that you test fit everything! Leave nothing to chance, never assume the parts will fit.

I really like the engine etc on this one. Do a Google search and you will find a lot of photos of 1:1 Citroens of this era. The trucks and cars are off the same base, and the same mechanically. I found a couple of close up engine shots and built mine accordingly.

Good luck! I'll be watching! I have two Normandes. I did steal parts from one to replace parts I broke on the Bordens (yea, those spindly chassis parts!) but I did notice that the Normande body sits on a '34 Ford chassis like it was born there!