Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super Bee Is Finished & Is Under Glass

Metalmad

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress on the Bee so here is a mock up for now and I have finished the new hood scoop & I think I will be painting the hood matt black. So as soon as I get some bench time I will lay on the decals. I also still have to finish the foil on the trim and then lay on a few coats of clear as long as the weather cooperates.

Edited by Metalmad

Slow progress on the Bee since it's been pretty chilly here in the garage but was able to get the headers finished today and another mock up picture also. Still need to finish the bmf on the trim & then start clearing the body. I still have a lot of building to do on this build for example the brake system will have disc on all four corners etc.

Edited by Metalmad

Got the rear diff and axle painted and the holes drilled for the coil over shocks . I also started to scratch build the t fitting for the brake line & started the mock up of running the brake lines on the under carriage and also on the rear axle housing. This is my first time attempting to do the brake lines & a rear disc conversion so this will probably take some time to do.

Edited by Metalmad

Today I have installed the brake caliper brackets that I had scratch built & painted. I also started trimming off the BMF and I guess I had left the excess amount to long on the body because as I started to trim & peel off the excess it would take the paint with it. So this will set me back a bit since now I'm striping off the paint & will have to repaint the body. I do not want to rush this build but I would like to get this completed for the MNL West in Feb.