Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for Resin Holley 4160 Carburators

Does anyone here know where I can get good looking well detailed Holley 4160 series carburators with side hung floats?

I need some sets for my 68 Hemi Dart and Hemi Barracuda Super Stock projects and as the carbs are very visual on the model the carbs Revell provided doesn't meet my demands by far...they are as far as I'm concerned junk.

The carburators I'm looking for is not the more common 4150 series with center hung floats, the only carburator legal and correct for a 68 Hemi Super Stock car is the 4160 series.

I know Matt Conte at Dencon Resins had a very nice looking resin 4160 that I wanted but I wasn't able to get any before he closed up shop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Force

Matte Conte is still selling . Weather or not his products remain to be seen IMHO . I am still owed and he responded again with a date for me to get what I paid for . Still waiting ...............

His listings at Evil Bait are : Lookout Model Products . Casten parts . Unbelievably ; Decon Resins . He is a member here . I cannot access his ratings at E-Bay ?? Can anyone do so and let me know what his rating is ?

IMHO ; don't buy from him unless it is face to face with his product you are paying for in his hands . Other wise .. IMHO kiss your funds goodbye . Thanx ..

I have done business with Matt before and his parts were top notch, but I haven't heard anything from him in a couple of years.

I'm still looking for good detailed Holley 4160 carbs so if anyone can direct me to a good source I would be very grateful.

Matte Conte is still selling . Weather or not his products remain to be seen IMHO . I am still owed and he responded again with a date for me to get what I paid for . Still waiting ...............

His listings at Evil Bait are : Lookout Model Products . Casten parts . Unbelievably ; Decon Resins . He is a member here . I cannot access his ratings at E-Bay ?? Can anyone do so and let me know what his rating is ?

IMHO ; don't buy from him unless it is face to face with his product you are paying for in his hands . Other wise .. IMHO kiss your funds goodbye . Thanx ..

For my second or third Purchase from Matt I did order and Pay (PAL) for a '70 Javelin Kit in the recent past . I did contact Matt first to be sure he had one available beforehand . He had problems filling orders immediately after my order .. I was kept up to date for a while . His Mother died . He disappeared as did my monies . No Javelin . I've constantly contacted him many times over the years . He did answer now and again with projected delivery dates . These come and go . No Javelin . I delayed contacting Pay Pal from honoring his pledges until a long unanswered time occurred . Then when I did file a complaint , it was too late . The last time we exchanged verbiage , I was promised a March Delivery of the Javelin . This is Dec . of the same year , BTW . No Javelin . I asked for my money back or to substitute a product . No Javelin , no substitute . IMHO , If I saw comments like this from myself or others here constantly would I spend any funds with him ? NO ! I do not have access to Disposable Income . I am a disabled shut in . I get a minimum and some to spend with digression is rare . $50.00 is a great effort to accumulate on a Hobby is tough . Before I give Matt any more , I'll start smoking again . I know this is a waste of my monies . At least I got to see the Smoke for my dollars . Consider carefully before you separate yourself from your funds with Matt . What makes you think he will not "take the Money and Run" to you also ? When you purchase face to face , he won't get to do so . Great castings only are good to me when I have them in my hands . If you doubt anything I've Posted here , PM me as I kept copies of the whole deal . I am able to back up what I write with the truth documented . . Thanx ..

I also have an old order from some years back with him that not has been filled yet...also paid in advance through Paypal.

As I said, I haven't heard from him in about 3 years...so I have given up and don't expect to get anything...if I do it would be a big surprice.
So I believe my money also are lost as too much time has passed since I paid for the order.

It's sad as he had good quality castings and was great to deal with when I bought from him the time before...well you learn from your misstakes and this time it did cost me 62 bucks.

Edited by Force

Hakan, your order is in the mail, though it may take some time to get to Sweden. I think it's cool that you are building American drag, muscle car, and street machine subjects. Thanks for giving Calnaga Castings a try. We will never receive funds for an order and leave it unfilled. Calnaga quality goes way beyond just making good resin castings, it includes good service which means timely, accurate fulfillment of orders. Best Regards, Steve Perry.

Yes I got your email the other day, It will usually take about 8-10 days but now with the huge ammount of Christmas mail this time of the year it will probably take a bit longer... but I'm so eager to look at the products so I nearly can't wait. ;)
I'll let you know when they arrives.

Thanks a lot for the fast service and it will most likely be more orders comming your way in the future.

-

American cars has allways been big over here in Sweden, they were sold new here up to the early 70's, more sparcely after that, but many American cars has been imported from the US the last 20 years, so we have lots of them around...I got a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 Sports Coupe with a 289 and C4 imported by myself from California almost 10 years ago.
Drag racing, muscle cars and 50's cars are popular and I grew up with them so my interest in US cars origins from my childhood.

Edited by Force