Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Ford Thunderbolt

JoeBrown

hey guys this is one of my on again, off again projects for the past 3 years. life has got in the way plenty of times so now i figure i need to relax and do some building before i lose my mind. heres one pic for now as I'm going to mock stuff up and see where it goes. if any one has suggestions please let me know as i want your ideas! i kinda want an old un restored look to it. i want to push my creativity and skill level on this one.

AA8F464D-4955-4684-A16E-9BDC40D7756F_zps

23C97C5C-9A1E-4DC5-85BA-B0F8C7D611BB_zps

Edited by JoeBrown

i have no clue for colors its in gray primer for right now just to see something other then white. and the kit came with a 427 so probably going to stick with that. other then that and the lowered stance its a blank slate

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so this past month has been very stressful. we were forced to move and it was not enjoyable. previous house (we rented) went under foreclosure and then public auction. so here is a little update on this car. as you can see I'm using diffent intake and valve covers then the kit supplies.... i accidentally put the parts in a little thinner after chroming to get the clear cote off and the parts melted. and i was furious. if anyone has an intake alternator, carbs, and valve covers there not using let me know

95E09C9E-7110-43FE-ADBD-364E7906A29D_zps

F9500EF9-B59F-49B6-A4D4-09DB3B067429_zps

948C7600-6D54-41C1-B791-FC2415514C3C_zps

Edited by JoeBrown