Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Nissan R35 GTR

martinfan5

This one some how managed to find its way to the work area, darned if I know how that happened :D, I have no clue as to what color it will, other than a Nissan shade.

IMG_5041_zpsadf1da51.jpg

The body was a little bit wrapped , managed to get it straight

IMG_4904_zps3fc98697.jpg

IMG_4911_zpsf75c2be9.jpg

IMG_4909_zpsfc733084.jpg

IMG_4913_zps6bea0d87.jpg

Starting with the chassis, not much yet

IMG_5015_zpsd7d05be7.jpg

And the brakes/suspension

IMG_5013_zps3eb4fa9d.jpg

And the engine

IMG_5028_zps9f2c5b14.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

This should be awesome I may have to get this kit soon.

I love the blue color bayside blue I believe it is. Which is represented by tamiya mica blue if I'm not mistaken same color I used for my tamiya gtr r34 v spec II

Also is this a non curbside kit? Aoshima right?

This should be awesome I may have to get this kit soon.

I love the blue color bayside blue I believe it is. Which is represented by tamiya mica blue if I'm not mistaken same color I used for my tamiya gtr r34 v spec II

Also is this a non curbside kit? Aoshima right?

Bayside Blue is a lovely color, and I have a bottle of it, and was even thinking about painting it in that color, although, but the only blue you can get from the factory on R35's is Ray Blue Pearl is one name for it, which is a little bit darker.

This is not a curbside, it does have engine detail, but not 100% of the engine.

Edited by martinfan5

You could always darken by adding extra coats or using a grey primer, that blue will cover it, it will just be darker and you could use a pearl coat if you need more pearl/mettalic flakes in it. Do you know the difference of the pure edition vs the 2013 North America Premium edition. I didn't know if the pure and premium were different besides the year.

I plan on getting multiple aoshima kits soon as there the best for super cars, besides tamiya, but aoshima has more range on cars. But both company's offer the best quality models you can buy. I love them! What other colors have you thought about?

Edited by Byron5150

You could always darken by adding extra coats or using a grey primer, that blue will cover it, it will just be darker and you could use a pearl coat if you need more pearl/mettalic flakes in it. Do you know the difference of the pure edition vs the 2013 North America Premium edition. I didn't know if the pure and premium were different besides the year.

I plan on getting multiple aoshima kits soon as there the best for super cars, besides tamiya, but aoshima has more range on cars. But both company's offer the best quality models you can buy. I love them! What other colors have you thought about?

Kind of the point, I would not want to darken it up at all, anyways, the difference is one is for the Japan market, and the other one is for the USA market

Primed the body with Mr Hobby 1500 using the A/B

IMG_5091_zpsd219dc29.jpg

IMG_5097_zps379c7384.jpg

And I guess you could say I decided on a color , Nissan Bayside Blue

IMG_5103_zps042615f3.jpg

IMG_5105_zpsfc842122.jpg

IMG_5109_zpsb809f6cb.jpg

And more work on the chassis , front/rear suspenison glued in place, redid the the exhaust thats molded on, went over with with Alcald, same for the rear piping.

IMG_5152_zps15025da1.jpg

IMG_5153_zps9bfa9a79.jpg

No polishing what so ever

Pavillions located at?

Jonathan, I am referring to the cruise-in that takes place every Sat in Scottsdale, and is one of the longest running cruise-ins in the country. They have hots rods, muscle, tuners, exotics, you name it. This past weekend, there were several tuned FRS there as well. One guys FRS was set up with turbo, and was pushing out 350hp.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scottsdale-Pavilions-Car-Show/167474223277945

BTW, there is an AE86 get together this coming Sunday at Earnhardt Toyota. http://earnhardtscion.com/86bash/