Model Cars Magazine Forum

Future Classic Car Projects March 12/08

Mr. Can Am Garage

I don't have pics. of all my classic car projects at this time but I thought you all might like to see what I have planned.

DSCF6718-vi.jpg

Monogram's '27 Bugatti Type 35B in Tamiya sprays French Blue. This one is working it's way through the paint shop.

DSCF5917-vi.jpg

Heller's Bugatti Type 50 coupe in Tamiya sprays red over black. This one is ready to build.

Edited by Mr. Can Am Garage

DSCF6709-vi.jpg

Monogram's '31 Rolls Royce Phaeton. Silver over Burgandy. This one is a current paint shop project and looks much better now than it did when this pics. was taken.

DSCF5914-vi.jpg

Italeri's '33 Cadillac Model 452C V16 Fleetwood All Weather Phaeton. A replica of the Al Jolson car. Italeri multi piece bodies can be challenging to say the least.

DSCF6714-vi.jpg

Monogram's '34 Duesenberg J Town Car by Murphy. J conversion is a long out of production All American Models piece. Colour scheme undecided.

DSCF4099-vi.jpg

Monogram '34 Duesenberg SJ Convertible Coupe by Rollston. This is a short wheelbase conversion done by me. Paint will prolly be racing white over green fenders.

DSCF6711-vi.jpg

Monogram '34 Duesenberg SJ Torpedo Phaeton by Weymann Legrande. Paint is Chevy Butternut Yellow over Tamiya sprays Maroon. I was inspired to copy this scheme after seeing it on a Franklin Mint Packard.

Wow you have quit the collection going. If half my projects made it to paint, I would be happy. 99% of my builds get to the point where they need paint on the body then get box, until spring or summer, when I can paint outside. In most cases I get busy with other projects and forget about the others. I still have projects from ten years ago, that still need paint.

Very impressive collection! Great range of subjects (WOW!!! A DELAGE!!!! Never knew one of those had been kitted!) and interesting color choices, well executed!

I have many of those same kits in my stash, including the Duesenberg Town Car and Torpedo as well as the 41 Lincoln (I seem to keep losing Ebay autions for the Bugati!) and this brings back a lot of very fond memories from growing up back in the 60s and 70s!

I very much look forward to seeing your progress on these builds!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't have pics. of all my classic car projects at this time but I thought you all might like to see what I have planned.

DSCF6718-vi.jpg

Monogram's '27 Bugatti Type 35B in Tamiya sprays French Blue. This one is working it's way through the paint shop.

DSCF5917-vi.jpg

Heller's Bugatti Type 50 coupe in Tamiya sprays red over black. This one is ready to build.

looks like fun keep us posted on the 35 b it's one of my favorite cars.where do you find the colors for these older cars cuz i'd build more if I knew what they are suppposed to look like because they look pretty decent right out of the box but with a little extra look out. I have a thomas flyer waiting in the wings i just have to decide which leg of the race i want to build.

looks like fun keep us posted on the 35 b it's one of my favorite cars.where do you find the colors for these older cars cuz i'd build more if I knew what they are suppposed to look like because they look pretty decent right out of the box but with a little extra look out. I have a thomas flyer waiting in the wings i just have to decide which leg of the race i want to build.

1:1 car shows, the internet, etc..

I'm looking forward to see many of these classics finished. After having finished the Italeri '33 Chrysler before Xmas I've developed a desire to build a few more of them.

Rob W

You ain't the only one.

FYI, there's more been to added to the pile/list including but not limited to Heller's Bentley Blower.

Edited by Mr. Can Am Garage

• 8 years later...

Did any of the above cars get finished? And are the end results here? I'd love to see how they all turned out. 

Scott

If you click his screen name and go to his home page.  Then click on "See Their Activity".  Mr. Can-Am has about 29 pages of posts.

His roll-off build might be there as well.

These are what I found of his classics.  Just beautiful work ... all of it:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/26308-1934-mercedes-benz-500k-ssr-body-by-sindelfelden/

Edited by tedd60