Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Dodge 9 car hauler

Pure heaven for a Mopar lover.

I grew up in Detroit  (1940's to late 1960's) 3 blocks from the Plymouth plant, 6 blocks from the Packard plant and about 1/2 mile from Dodge main.

Most of my neighbors and friends worked at these plants. My Dad worked for a parts supplier to Chrysler.

I worked at the Chrysler Tech Center for 42 years.................Chrysler is all I have ever owned and known.

There was a Fruehauf trailer plant about a mile away.

Seeing Mopar car haulers was an every day event.

Edited by Vietnam Vet67

Part of my Professional Driver Career was a Car Hauler . I admire this build . The amount of effort you exerted to make this is astounding . You've done research for sure . Copious amounts to say the least .  Out of GM Lordstown , Ohio . The Clearance was 3'" between the UNITS .. NO BOUNCING ALLOWED PERIOD . "Framed out , even the Uni-bodies . I am impressed . Betcha' this is over 13'6" lol .. It this stopped on a 5 Ton Load Limit Bridge ? .. lol .. Thanx 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 9:25 AM, Tom Geiger said:

Bump!  This is a great model!  

Thanks Tom

On 7/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, ewetwo said:

That looks wonderful.

Thanks Dave

On 7/20/2021 at 4:13 PM, iamsuperdan said:

Very cool build!

I have a related question. What are the 1968 Plymouth Fury kits? Kind of off topic, but has a 68 Fury III convertible ever been kitted?

Thanks Dan, Yes JoHan made the Fury III convertible and hardtop. The Fury III station wagon and fast top are resin bodies. The Fury I 4 door is the JoHan cop car. 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:32 PM, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Pure heaven for a Mopar lover.

I grew up in Detroit  (1940's to late 1960's) 3 blocks from the Plymouth plant, 6 blocks from the Packard plant and about 1/2 mile from Dodge main.

Most of my neighbors and friends worked at these plants. My Dad worked for a parts supplier to Chrysler.

I worked at the Chrysler Tech Center for 42 years.................Chrysler is all I have ever owned and known.

There was a Fruehauf trailer plant about a mile away.

Seeing Mopar car haulers was an every day event.

Ed I’m glad you like it. 

On 7/25/2021 at 5:40 PM, dimaxion said:

Part of my Professional Driver Career was a Car Hauler . I admire this build . The amount of effort you exerted to make this is astounding . You've done research for sure . Copious amounts to say the least .  Out of GM Lordstown , Ohio . The Clearance was 3'" between the UNITS .. NO BOUNCING ALLOWED PERIOD . "Framed out , even the Uni-bodies . I am impressed . Betcha' this is over 13'6" lol .. It this stopped on a 5 Ton Load Limit Bridge ? .. lol .. Thanx 

Thanks John. Your right I spent a lot of time researching car haulers and yea I’m a little high with the car on top of the cab. I’m glad that you as a professional car hauler like my truck. It was a big hit at the 2 model shows I took it to. 

• 2 weeks later...