Model Cars Magazine Forum

Czech Truck Model Deliveries?

Has anyone ordered from Czech Truck Model? I ordered a PE set for the GMC Astro a month ago and have not received it yet. I emailed them about delivery after waiting a few weeks and they sent me a copy of a shipping notice but there is no way of tracking shipments and I am now wondering if anyone else has had some experience with them.

I placed two orders last year, and I don't remember being unhappy with the timeframe, but I'm not sure exactly how long it took. They make great stuff, and I'm planning on ordering again as soon as they have the latest releases ready on their website.

I think your delay is more likely due to US Customs than anything else. I've sent a few things to the US recently (from the UK) and they've taken 3 - 5 weeks to arrive. According to the tracking info, they reach the US a day or two after posting, then they sit in Customs for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the replacement shipment of my original order today, everything looks good. I guess the original shipment of about 2 months ago has disappeared into the unknown.

I must report that Jan of Czech Truck Model has been very good trying to remedy this unfortunate situation. He was in communication with me regularly while trying to track down the original shipment and then finally making up and sending the duplicate when he could not find any information on the first.

The second package was shipped quickly to Bethpage NY and then on to me in a couple more days, no delays anywhere.

This is the first time in my 74 years that a shipment was lost in the mail.

I would not hesitate to do business with Czech Truck Model again, very conscientious vendor!

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, thank for the feedback and support. We have had a pair of orders delayed however none of them were lost and we were doing our best to supply the customers as soon as possible. We have never lost any item and I am glad none of those to US disappeared.

Regards

Jan

CTM