Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'34 Pickup Update 4/27

MikeMc

These are neat Lil trucks huh? People are really getting the bug to do them after Kenny did his. Let's see what you come up with!!! Are the newer issues molded in white? I have a bunch of the old Lindberg reissues that are molded in that gawd awful high shine yellow plastic.

These are neat Lil trucks huh? People are really getting the bug to do them after Kenny did his. Let's see what you come up with!!! Are the newer issues molded in white? I have a bunch of the old Lindberg reissues that are molded in that gawd awful high shine yellow plastic.

The two I have are made from MSB plastic. (Yes, that's Monkey S*** Brown).

:D Awesome!! Great job on the chop & channel! Show us more!

I'll second that!! Keep up the good work, Mike! These things are just too much fun to build.

The two I have are made from MSB plastic. (Yes, that's Monkey S*** Brown).

I'll second that!! Keep up the good work, Mike! These things are just too much fun to build.

:):D I agree 100% about the fun factor my Zona was in the zone and just kept going and going.......

and YES it is molded in white...just got it thru dennis at model express last week and when I checked lindbergs web site I found out about them molding in white!! and yes I can't wait for the '38 sedan delivery!!!

current job is the rear end looking at stock but sits too far up and back....Raul... Pass the Zona!!!

Edited by MikeMc

:D:D I agree 100% about the fun factor my Zona was in the zone and just kept going and going.......

and YES it is molded in white...just got it thru dennis at model express last week and when I checked lindbergs web site I found out about them molding in white!! and yes I can't wait for the '38 sedan delivery!!!

current job is the rear end looking at stock but sits too far up and back....Raul... Pass the Zona!!!

Here you go... z35-500_100px.jpg It's always good to keep a sharp one handy! :)

Looking good, Mike! That rear Z ought to do the trick for the back. Are you going to do the front next? A drop axle and a healthy Z should have that thing scraping pretty good! I'll be checkin' this one out as it goes along too. :blink:

Looking good, Mike! That rear Z ought to do the trick for the back. Are you going to do the front next? A drop axle and a healthy Z should have that thing scraping pretty good! I'll be checkin' this one out as it goes along too. B)

:blink::blink::D I'm not sure where to go to go low I'm thinking a slider Z around the old rad mount/spring perch area and sliding the dropped axle up and forward not sure if that is gonna be the right height and WB might be closer to stock????? Oh well I still have the box to work on while I think......... :blink::blink::blink:

I dunno Mike, something just doesn't look right, maybe it's the wheels on this particular build. I think the wheels & tires from the Revell '29 pick up, or '31 sedan would be the way to go here. Just thinking.

I'd have to agree with John on this one. I think that those wheels might look a bit too tall...or...it could be that the front axle still needs to drop a bit more. The frame still looks to high in the front with respect to the center of the wheel. If you cut the steel rod and only use it on the ends to hold the wheels in position, you should be able to get the front axle down a bit lower.

Keep going, Mike. You'll get there. No one said that these things are easy! :P

I'd have to agree with John on this one. I think that those wheels might look a bit too tall...or...it could be that the front axle still needs to drop a bit more. The frame still looks to high in the front with respect to the center of the wheel. If you cut the steel rod and only use it on the ends to hold the wheels in position, you should be able to get the front axle down a bit lower.

Keep going, Mike. You'll get there. No one said that these things are easy! :P

I agree that something aint right I also think its the front. After mockup I plan on removing themetal axle and go to stubs.

I'm gonna think somemore!! :P:P;)

I agree that something aint right I also think its the front. After mockup I plan on removing themetal axle and go to stubs.

I'm gonna think somemore!! :P:P;)

Yeah, Mike...I think that'll help a lot. Anything you can do to get the front down lower will help. It's hard to tell from the pics, but you might also try to remove the front crossbar and turn it over. That, and maybe slot it to allow the axle to move higher up into it, should help. You may also need to rework the front axle to get it to drop down a bit more.

Good luck!

Edited by Raul_Perez

<_<<_<:blink: Welllll I Tried different wheel / tire combo and while a little better its still not there :blink:

I may have to go to a suicide front spring perch thats raised up ?? I'm just gettin a large brick between the ears right now so inspire me!!!! :P:P

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

looks like I didn't mount the body all the way down in front.oops!!

I dunno.......... I still like the bigger Rubber and the bigger motor idea but might do a 283 with a front mounted Paxton Blower......

and I can stretch that old frame some more!!!

Edited by MikeMc

It's hard to tell from these pics, Mike. I would get the front of the cab down on the frame rails where it belongs, tape the radiator shell in place and see how that looks. Can you drop the spring a bit lower? It looks like there's still a lot of room between the spring and the frame rails.

Don't be afraid to channel that thing some more. Even with the big Z I did on the front of this one, it still needed some more.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

Much better!

IMG_0621.jpg

See, it'll work out in the end! <_<

IMG_0680.jpg

Give it some thought. Go to a book store and pick up a Rod and Custom magazine. Plenty of ideas there usually.

I like these wheels much better too! <_<

I think it needs a dropped front axle, and the bed definitely needs to be channelled as well as the cab. I haven't Z'd mine at all, and it sits fine:

Thanx for lookin!! :lol: if you look up in my last post you will notice the dropped front axle! It was sitting high due to spring location so it was movedand now it seems to sit low enough in the front! The reason the rear was Z'd was to shorten the wheelbase because the bed was chopped a scale 20+ inches!!!! :unsure:

I'm not sure to lower the box anymore as it sits at the beltlineof the cab.

Yours is bitch*n in its own right !!! Lets see some more!!

Edited by MikeMc