Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1/12 `67 Corvette 427

Hawk312

I posted this in the big boyz forum, but thought I would post it here too.

Yep. Just another one of these. I`ve built probably a half dozen of these or more so far. This one took about 6 months to build. The stinger is painted on, no decals used. There are probably about 10 coats of clear, wet-sanded and buffed. I added a period correct window sticker, and a correct "FM reception" label to the radio. I also scratch built the regulator and wiring on the driver`s side fender well. "Text" was added to the hoses and spark plug wires. The frame has accurate chalk markings.

Let me know what you think!

black67-2-1.jpg

black67-2-3.jpg

black67-2-2.jpg

black67-2-5.jpg

black67-2-4.jpg

black67-2-7.jpg

black67-2-engine.jpg

black67-2-window.jpg

EXCELLENT!! The paint work is awesome!!, the BMF looks GREAT, all of the details make it look 1:1!!

All you need is a little bulge in the bottoms of the tires to simulate the weight, a scale background and you'd make anyone believe that it's a full size car!!

Keep up the GREAT work and the posts!!

Thanks for sharing,

This is the nicest one of these Ive ever seen. The paint and detailing is incredible. Your workmanship is more than words can describe. Beautiful Corvette. This should be in the "REAL OR MODEL" section. Great job.

ED

Thanls everyone for the kind words! <_<

This is the nicest one of these Ive ever seen. The paint and detailing is incredible. Your workmanship is more than words can describe. Beautiful Corvette. This should be in the "REAL OR MODEL" section. Great job.

ED

Wow, thanks Ed! Comments like this are really motivational, and keeps me building.

Wow! an amazing build, i've seen a couple other ones you've built on the forum and they were just as amazing, maybe next one you build could be a wip so you could share your techniques with the rest of us.

Edited by kelson

Seriously Hawk, that is one sweet build. I told Lyle and the boyz about your work. There are several guys from CPMC that show up regularly so I know the trek can be made from York... <_< !

Thanks! Yeah, I really wanted to make it today. I am serious about next month though. Let me know when, and I`ll put it on my calendar.

Seriously Hawk, that is one sweet build. I told Lyle and the boyz about your work. There are several guys from CPMC that show up regularly so I know the trek can be made from York... ;) !
Hey John, looks a lot like the stuff you do, this guy is incredible!!! Any chance you guys can make it to the meetings at the same time and show all those beauties? <_<