Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Prochargers available NOW!

Hello folks, the wait is over! Good news for those who have been so patiently waiting and inquiring about these. My resin centrifugal "Procharger" style superchargers are NOW available. There will be 3 versions (cogged drag, street [wide belt], and street [narrow belt]) The 2 piece supercharger is my finest resin cast item and is entirely scratch built and mastered by me. I also was not convinced by the current offerings of cogged pulleys and belts therefore I decided to craft my own. Much time was invested to create these "true cog" pulleys but the result was well worth it. The cogged belt mates perfectly with the cogged crank and s/c pulley for the utmost in supercharger detailing and realism. Please disregard the small pulley in the pictures. I decided to master 2 new sets of street pulleys (both wide and narrow) to make this unit more compatible with various projects. Pics of the new street pulleys will be posted in about 1 week. So each 2 piece supercharger will come with a crank pulley, supercharger pulley, and belt. You'll need to craft an idler pulley which can easily be done using styrene tube/rod or aluminum as well as a mounting bracket (styrene) to mount the s/c to your engine. The cogged s/c pulley is pre-tapped for a detailing mounting bolt and the face of the cogged crank pulley also features this detail with provisions for mounting hardware if you so choose to add it. Additional cogged belts, regular rubber (street belts), and various pulley kits are all available separately. Thank you guys for being patient. My Fotki has been updated with pics, pricing, info, and some new products.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

Emails replied. Also, some have commented on the price. Please know the belts are manufactured for me to my specifications which mate perfectly to the pulleys I mastered. This is a detail I could not do without and the goal was the ultimate in realism for these kits which is something I strive for on my scratch built items. I would not feel comfortable offering anything less which would cheapen or degrade the quality of the product. Know that I have 2 1/2 months so far in this supercharger project and I do it to not only ensure I can utilize these unique products on my own projects but more importantly to offer the same exact products to fellow builders, not a watered down version. If at some time I can reduce manufacturing costs on the belts I will pass the savings along to you guys with a reduced price and also take care of existing customers. Thanks all, Mike

In order to satisfy everyone I've updated my pricing on my Fotki for A La Carte pricing on the superchargers! By ordering a full kit you will save $.50 cents over purchasing everything separately for all versions. However, the A La Carte pricing option allows you to purchase whatever you want to mix and match! Blower only (use your own pulleys), pulley kits (drag cogged, street narrow, street wide), or blower belts (drag cogged, street narrow, street wide).

2 piece blower only - $4.25

cogged pulley kit - $2.00

cogged belt 6.5 inch length - $1.75

standard pulley kit narrow or wide - $2.00

standard rubber belt material (enough to make many!) - $1.00

Cogged drag full kit remains $7.50

Standard street full kit narrow or wide reduced to $6.75

Anyone who already ordered at old price will be contacted immediately.

Hope the new price structure and "a la carte" menu is appealing to everyone interested now. Thanks everyone for the support!

Lets build some boost!

Mike

Edited by shucky

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are some great units, and detail-painting will REALLY bring them to life. I ordered 4 of them in various configurations, and just by showing them still in the bags have generated some interest in them. They really are good pieces at a great price.

I don't say this because Mike pays me to (he doesn't); I just think they are worthy of a good look and are well worth the purchase price.

bumping this up.

i got my procharger a couple weeks back along with some turbos and fuchs wheels.

excellent casting and nicely detailed. fantastic service as well.

now, to only figure out which car i want to use the procharger on??.. B)

Edited by LAone

• 4 years later...