Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 IHOBBY Show Report Update (from Saturday revisit)

Revell

• K.S. Pittman Willys Drag Coupe - 1/25 – Modified reissue of Revell’s very nice Willys. Same as new version Stone Woods and Cook Willys with new decals
  • X-34 Landspeeder™ - ?? – RoG catalog lists as 1/14 scale but it appears smaller than that. Our best guess is between 1/24 and 1/20, perhaps close to G scale
  • ‘62 Corvette® Roadster 2 n 1 - 1/25 - New tool. Multiple options. Appears to be new body on top of Pro Modeler C1 Corvette chassis and engine. Revell just received test shots so mounted on a display board. Expect late 2Q2012. Although all the test shots are still subject to change, there will be no hardtop in this kit.
  • ‘29 Ford Rat Rod - 1/25 - Reissue with new decals
  • ‘77 Chevy® Van - 1/24 – Reissue. Same short wheelbase van as in the Van with Race Car Trailer issue a few years back

Round2

• Polar Lights Batmobile – with Photo Etch fret
    • 2010 Camaro Convertible – Show Room Replica Series. Unassembled promo type. I asked if they were going to update to 2011 as there does not appear to be any indication of a 2010 convertible due to a supplier issue. The rep didn’t know but would follow up.
    • 2010 Camaro Convertible – Show Room Replica Series. Unassembled promo type.
    • 66 Nova Slot Racer – previous plastic kit parts mated with a slot chassis and engine
    • 57 Chevy Bel Air Slot Racer – previous plastic kit parts mated with a slot chassis and engine
    • 70 Camaro Slot Racer – previous plastic kit parts mated with a slot chassis and engine
    • 06 Camaro Concept Slot Racer – previous plastic kit parts mated with a slot chassis and engine

100_6099.jpg

100_6100.jpg

100_6101.jpg

100_6102.jpg

100_6103.jpg

100_6104.jpg

100_6105.jpg

Lindberg/Hawk

• Buddy G Toy Trucks – metal bodied. The ones at the show were prototypes. Didn’t get scale, but they appeared to be smaller than 1/25. More to come
  • Bull Horn Model T – 1/16 scale.
  • New Display Case – eliminated the “bubble” on the top of the clear case. Sturdy diamond plate chrome base and stackable
  • 1969 Yenko Camaro – initially die cast and plan for plastic down the road. Die Cast version in picture.
  • Red Devil racer – in planning stage for later 2012
  • Kustom Koffin – in planning stage for later 2012
  • White Lightning – in planning stage for later 2012

100_6107.jpg

100_6108_03.jpg

100_6111.jpg

100_6112.jpg

100_6117.jpg

100_6118.jpg

100_6119.jpg

IMC

Talked to Ernie and there is more in the Johan space they are planning but too soon to announce.

Moebius

There are some other items of interest to announce, but they are not locked down yet and too soon to publish anything. I took a few extra photos of the Hudson convertible and the subs.

100_6121.jpg

100_6122.jpg

100_6123.jpg

100_6124.jpg

Pegasus

New wheel sets are 15 inch, not 19 as perceived. There will be a higher profile white wall tire also used.

100_6128.jpg

Tools and Paints

The Testor’s automotive paints will have more added to the enamels than lacquers. There will be improved primers made available in several color options, some flip-flop options, a wash and multi-colored pearl coat. There will be additional info on this by year-end.

The Iwata Neo airbrush for entry level airbrush years is double action and will retail in the $50 range. An interesting facet is a removable gravity feed cup with small and large cup sizes.

Innovative Hobby Supply had some interesting products, including a tape that mimics canvas, peel and stick chrome, wood grain, trunk floor mat and others.

100_6140.jpg

100_6142.jpg

100_6149.jpg

100_6147.jpg

100_6151.jpg

‘62 Corvette® Roadster 2 n 1 - 1/25 - New tool. Multiple options. Appears to be new body on top of Pro Modeler C1 Corvette chassis and engine. Revell just received test shots so mounted on a display board. Expect late 2Q2012.

I only wish this one will be a forerunner of an '61 Corvette.

Great products. Those slot car kits might just push me over the edge!

Umm ! Virgil ??

Sorry to point this out .... My man , you have been way past the edge for a looong time . Actually , it's more of a free fall into the Plastic Abyss !

Welcome to the flight , do not expect to land anytime soon ! So many kits , so little time and look what they are releasing now ! It's never going to end , is it ?

• 5 weeks later...

thanks for the info and the photos...man i cant believe they are bringing out those 1/25 slot cars. that nova looks interesting but bleah on the rest...i just wonder what makes them think they are going to sell? i cant really see it but what do i know...i know there was a revival of interest in slot cars but thought it was mostly 1/32 or at least thats what i was into...but my perception is that interest kind of came and went. now amt is releasing these? i recall they flopped back in the 60s when amt tried to ride the slot car gravy train a bit too late and a bit too short in the performance department. old time something come back again as they say in jamaica.