Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Chevy Coupe

59 Impala

Here are a couple of 41 Coupe's that I have. The one with the flames on it was left just as it came in the kit except for a few pieces that were missing and I had to make them.

The one that has the flat black paint on the front end has parts from Monogram's 53 Corvette on it. The Corvette engine, tires and wheels, part of the exhaust and the 'vette steering wheel. Also I used BMF on the chrome trim.

Here are some pics of each.

With the V8.

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04500.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

With the 6 banger 'vette.

DSC04502.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04498.jpg

I'll post pics of them together. :) Dan

The 41 Chevy has some great body lines. Nice idea with the Corvette engine and wheels although it would look better all one color. On most of these diecast you can wash off the graphics with NON Acetone nail polish remover and save the paint.

Tom

Got this one too! Then I find the 41 offered by RMR resins an Mastered by Steve Z. It'sa GREAT conversion kit! the roofs been chopped an the body has been cleaned up real nice. Use the 40 willy's street machine to finish it up, it makes for a great lookin kit too!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks gray07. On the one with the flames I had to make the tail lights, outside rear view mirrors, the trunk handle and trim on the hood. I made a mold of the 48 Chevy tail lights and trunk handle and made copies and I had to trim off the extra chrome part on the bottom of the tail lights cause the 41 didn't have that part on them. I made the hood trim from a piece of half round evergreen plastic stock and used BMF on that. I also made the outside rear view mirrors. I also had to fix the exhaust which was broken on the bottom. The rest was just left as it came in the box. Oh yeah, the vent windows are also missing from this one along with the rear license plate holder. :) Dan