Model Cars Magazine Forum

Morgan Automotive Detail (MAD) Chopped '50 Olds

Just got Kris Morgan's latest offering, a chopped-top body for the Revell '50 Olds.

002-vi.jpg

Casting quality is top notch- even the mold lines on the base Revell body were removed on the master. Maybe it's just me, but I hate it when I get a resin body which was based on a styrene master, and all the mold lines and sink marks are still there. You won't see that on this body!

The chop looks nice- it looks just right on this car. Note that I've lowered the chassis on this example, and used Revell's replacement printed whitewall tires. The MAD body fits just as well as the stock Revell part- actually, the resin is a bit more pliable than the Revell plastic, making stretching the back of the body over the rear inner fenders just a bit easier. About all that you should need to do is cut the stock windows or make your own, other than that using this body should be no more effort than using the kit body. As you can see the kit hood fits just fine, and all the chrome trim I test-fit to the body fit just like it would with the Revell body.

• 4 months later...