Model Cars Magazine Forum

1952 Chevy Custom update Done 2-5

Thought I would share my latest build with you. A 1952 Chevy stepside truck see below photo of the truck I'm building. I am making this out of two kits AMT 1950 3100 Texaco truck and Revell's 65 Chevy stepside 2 'n 1 truck kit. Hope you enjoy the build.

1-1

2012-10-20_16-35-17_430_zps30e9b0b2.jpg

Truck cab before removing the door. Have to fill the vent as the 52 does not have one.

IMG_3646_zps145fe600.jpg

Door removed ready to do some sanding. Going to remove the door handles and use handles out of the 65 kit same with the molded wipers.

IMG_3647_zps519d97ae.jpg

Added wing window needed for a 52 truck.

IMG_3650_zpsadeba0c1.jpg

After first primer coat filling panel lines that shouldn't be on the truck and added fender lines.

IMG_3651_zps8c0a13d2.jpg

Edited by kendog261

Nice start on this build. I've gotta ask, do you know if the 1:1 has it's original frame or an S10 longbed frame modified? It would be cool to see someone take a Revellogram S10/Syclone kit and stretch the frame to use with one of these.

Edited by Skydime

Nice start on this build. I've gotta ask, do you know if the 1:1 has it's original frame or an S10 longbed frame modified? It would be cool to see someone take Revellogram S10/Syclone kit and stretch the frame to use with one of these.

I will post some photos of the 1:1 frame later when I start on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would do a small update from the holiday weekend work. Did some work on customizing the frame and fitting the wheels. Also started fitting the motor.

A photo of the distributor I bought from Model car garage its very nice unit.

IMG_3719_zps1a226b93.jpg

Some parts I picked up for the build

IMG_3713_zpsc323c777.jpg

Fitting the V-8 motor

IMG_3717_zpsa447921f.jpg

Both of my 50 Chevy kits had front leaf springs. Are the spindles and control arms scratched or borrowed for something else? Still looking sharp BTW.

Partial scrap built with the spindles and disk brakes (not shown) off a extra Revell Enzo kit.

The rear end and engine is out of the 65 Chevy stepside 2 'n 1 truck kit.

Cool project!

Will you be installing & filling the cab corner seams prior to paint? Almost all of these I see built install them after the interior is placed (I guess the interior would need to be modified to insert with cab corners in place?). Haven't built one of these to know for sure...

Cool project!

Will you be installing & filling the cab corner seams prior to paint? Almost all of these I see built install them after the interior is placed (I guess the interior would need to be modified to insert with cab corners in place?). Haven't built one of these to know for sure...

That is a problem I haven't quite figured out yet but I'm working on it. Any ideas would be great

Cool project!

The interior will still fit if the corners are installed first but it does take a little coaxing to get it in there Edited by zaina